Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replacement speakers

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
The_Dude

Replacement speakers

Post by The_Dude » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi

I know there is a thread already about ice upgrade but I didn't want to hijack that.

One of my door speakers has gone. The one above the armrest. Does anyone know how I get the speaker cover off and what size it is so I can source a replacement.

I'm guessing I can just take out the knackered one and replace it without any hassles?

Thanks in advance.
E89 23i M Sport, Saphire Black, Canberra Beige Leather.
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Replacement speakers

Post by Maniac » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:56 am

Its not the speaker cover that must come off, its the entire door panel you have to remove. I did similar on mine to fit tweeters, there's a thread in the how to section I wrote about the steps needed. ..and yes you can simply unscrew/unplug and pop another in, provided its the speaker and not the wiring or amp.

The_Dude

Re: Replacement speakers

Post by The_Dude » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Many thanks for that. I found the how too. Very comprehensive. Do you know what size they are and I don't suppose you know if the ones in the footwell are a pain to replace. It's now got me thinking about changing all the speakers if I'm taking the door cards off.
E89 23i M Sport, Saphire Black, Canberra Beige Leather.
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.