Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLVED** Radio Coding Help... URGENT PLEASE!!!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:58 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED :thumbsup:

😥 Very angry with myself, just managed to disable the Bluetooth and USB functions of my brand new head unit while trying to change the German voice for an English voice via coding.
Basically it wouldn't code and then all of a sudden the car rebooted itself and the head unit no longer showed Telephone or USB/iPod 😮
Anyone on here able to help? Anyone near by in the Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire area of the UK able to help.
My Mrs is going to go loopy when she finds out I've just messed this up.... Please help, you may be preventing a murder! (photo of what it looked like when I installed it last weekend.) — feeling annoyed.
Attachments
IMG_5588.JPG
IMG_5588.JPG (145.09 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Last edited by AnubisZed on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Radio Coding Help... URGENT PLEASE!!!

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:22 pm

Probably just wants the unit recoding to match the build code of the car - 10 min job, can you not do it wth whatever kit you fecked it up with? It probably went into sleep/power saving mode whilst you were doing it, which is why I now only code with a battery support unit attached, which supplies up to 50a and keeps the voltage at 13.8 whilst I am working on the car.

Mike

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:41 pm

You could try mac who runs zedfest, here's good on coding stuff, he's near shepshed on m1
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:44 pm

I was trying to use NCSExpert, but when I got to "Execute Job" the pop-up in the attachment came up.
While I was checking out the laptop the radio must have rebooted and that's when I noticed that the Bluetooth and USB had vanished.

I'm no expert, as you can probably tell, so I was simply following instructions that seemed to be working fine up to that point. :headbang:

All help on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMG_5620.JPG
IMG_5620.JPG (441.9 KiB) Viewed 610 times
Dave

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:26 pm

markplant wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:41 pm You could try mac who runs zedfest, here's good on coding stuff, he's near shepshed on m1
Thanks for your help Mark.

mac helped me and it's now all sorted back as it should be even with the English voice as well :thumbsup:
Dave

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:13 pm

He is a proper star of the forum
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted