Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Connected Drive

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
huytonman

Connected Drive

Post by huytonman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Having trouble with connected drive when used with my E89. Under the cockpit tab my car is showing as ConnectedDrive Services
Booked, Remote Services Booked,TeleServices Booked and Intelligent Emergency Call Booked but RTTI isnt. Now on my satnav display I see traffic congestion on the maps but dont know if this is just from the TMC feed (how can I tell?), when I try to book the months RTTI trial for a quid, the service loads into the basket but when I try to checkout the basket empties (same goes if I try to pay for a year). BMW told me a couple of weeks ago that they were having some problems and I should try again in a couple of days which I have with the same outcome. My 520 shows all of the above services as booked with some of them showing expiry dates...no expiry dates show up for the Z4. All very confusing. Does anybody else have the same issuess with their Z4 services?
Thanks
Keith

Pbondar

Connected Drive

Post by Pbondar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:43 pm

I looked at getting RTTI services for my 2012 Z4 with idrive..I have connected drive, but can't have, for whatever reason RTTI..if you have RTTI you have more sophisticated shading and colour coding of routes AFAIK

EssexZed

Connected Drive

Post by EssexZed » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Just logged onto ConnectedDrive and the services I have on subscription (including RTTI) all have expiry dates next to them. The portal appears to be working normally ATM although in my opinion it's not the best designed or most intuitive site on the web!

The nav system will use traffic info from radio stations (TMC) where RTTI isn't available. I don't know how you differentiate one from the other in terms of what's displayed. I know that if you bring up the traffic info list for a computed route, RTTI info on possible diversions is usually top of the list.

huytonman

Connected Drive

Post by huytonman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks guys, I'll try again tomorrow and then email them again if its still US
Keith