Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The search goes on..... and on.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Sportbilly

Post by Sportbilly » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Still searching for that elusive silver 35is and as they seem to be rarer than hens teeth I'm looking at the next best thing and found this.

http://www.stratstone.com/search/vehicl ... r-ye60ayg/

Bit expensive or about right? Looking at the new Z4 concept should l wait for that to be released next summer and hopefully the e89 comes down a bit or is that unlikely to affect the price of these?

All feedback appreciated.
E85 3.0i SE

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:22 pm

I wouldn’t get hung up on a 35is if a 35i ticks your boxes Billy. In the real world there’s not enough difference in performance to let a nice 35i slip the net. Although top whack as it’s a BMW dealer that is a good car, very good spec, heated steering wheel too.

The new car won’t affect E89 prices imho, it’s been out of production over a year now and the very last ones have taken a nosedive off a diving board in depreciation so although a few may come to market as trade ins personally I don’t think it’ll have any influence, the two cars will be radically different obviously and the new model will be 45k plus in base trim I would have thought.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

EssexZed

Post by EssexZed » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Agree the spec looks good except no mention is made of an upgrade to the sound system - not an issue if you’re not bothered about listening to music but the standard six speaker set up is pretty poor.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Didn't know silver was rare. This is the only 35iS for sale around here at the moment and it's silver. Shame it's too far for you :(

http://www.paulkelly.co.nz/vehicle-list ... y_id=14872
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:02 pm

That looks nice enough. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:09 pm

That's surprising - I've struggled to find some models of BMW that weren't silver! :roll:

If you have really got your heart set on a 35is I would wait rather than go for your 2nd choice - especially if you plan to keep it some years. You'd have a long time to regret it!

But if you had any plans for a re-map I'm not sure it makes any difference which one you start with. :lol:

I can't see the new Z4 having much of an impact on E89 prices, unless BMW price the new model cheap - very unlikely! :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Sportbilly

Post by Sportbilly » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:08 am

Thanks everyone your feedback is appreciated. I'll have a chat with them and see what they have to say.
I split my time between the UK and Oman and haven't bought a car for some years. What's the situation with the customers bargaining power these days? When l bought my current Z4 (54 plate 3 litre) l managed to get a grand knocked off on a 13k car. Anyone had any experience of this recently? I appreciate there are lots of mitigating factors but is the buyer in the driving seat when it comes to bargaining at the moment?
E85 3.0i SE

bob4333

Post by bob4333 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:18 am

This is a good time of year to buy a "drop top" sports car. Usual factors apply like how long has the car been at the dealer?

Go in with wedge or debit card in hand and make an offer. What's the worst the dealer can say? :o You may not be able to get much off the price but you'll be in a good position to milk the deal for throw in extras which dealers always seem to prefer.

Better still is if you can then walk away for a few days and leave him to stew, because he won't want to lose you. Time can be your best negotiating tool if you can control your impatience.

And never, ever, allow the dealer to make eye contact 'cause he's got you then. :rofl:

Best of luck: it's a nice looking car.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:29 am

bob4333 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:18 am

Go in with wedge or debit card in hand and make an offer. What's the worst the dealer can say? :o You may not be able to get much off the price but you'll be in a good position to milk the deal for throw in extras which dealers always seem to prefer.
More likely to get a better deal if you ask for their finance then pay it off once its your car , main dealers now have way tighter margins than they used to & to prep + warranty a car can be £1500 :cry:
Id push for a 2yr warranty & that will pay you more than knocking £00s off .
Across the board these are rare finds especially on those miles / spec . I really wouldn't let the minor differences between the i & is lose a decent motor & as you are finding op silver 89s in twin turbo guise are rare indeed :) :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Sportbilly

Post by Sportbilly » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Good points fellas thank you.
E85 3.0i SE

Sportbilly

Post by Sportbilly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Dealer responded and even though it only has 32k on the clock its had 3 owners. Sounds like a summer car.
E85 3.0i SE

huytonman

Post by huytonman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Three owners in six year, why does this cause you a problem? This type of car isnt generally bought as a keeper and its not unusual for rapid changes of ownership once enthusiasts have tried a new model to them for a short time and then move it on.
Keith

Sportbilly

Post by Sportbilly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Not a problem just a reflection on a car that has very low miles for its age but has had quite a few owners. With that many owners I'd have expected higher miles.
E85 3.0i SE