Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Future Plan

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
MT94

Future Plan

Post by MT94 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi all have been thinking about my future cars I have owned a E85 Z4 for 6 months now and love it but I am always looking at what next and the obvious choice should be a E89 and I do like them they have come quite a way from the E85 but I am also looking at 3 series coupe and 4 door models and wanted to see what people experiences have been on both cars even though I suspect a bias toward the Z4 of course but I like to hear peoples ideas and opinions on things in a ideal world I would keep my current Z4 and buy a 3 series but at 22 insurance for both would nearly be enough to buy the car itself :rofl: so thats sort of out of the question unfortunately. my only must is another 6 cylinder as I have one now and can't see me buying a 4 anytime soon as the sound and the smoothness is something I don't want to be without on my next car.
Matt.
2004 E85 Z4 2.2i Titan Silver

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Future Plan

Post by buzyg » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:56 pm

3 series is just not the same as a Z4. :wink:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Future Plan

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi OP,

I run one of each - sometimes being older is useful! :roll:

I have Z4 Coupe and an E46 325ti Sport Compact as a daily.

Good as the Compact is, it just isn't a patch on the Z4! I'd say the Compact is a "sporty" car whereas the Z4 is a "sports" car.

Plus the Z4 feels totally different sitting lower with the back axle just behind you and a much smaller cabin - a totally different experience IMHO.

But to make up your own mind you it wouldn't hurt to test drive one or two of the options you mention.

Good luck anyway. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

MT94

Future Plan

Post by MT94 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Thanks for the replies i will have to go out in a few different cars to get the feel when i have time, i do get what you mean about the cabin space i do like to feel like the car is built around you in the z4, i wonder how long/ if the Z4 will ever qualify for classic car insurance then maybe i could afford both cars :D
Matt.
2004 E85 Z4 2.2i Titan Silver

Hellequin

Future Plan

Post by Hellequin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:40 pm

had a number of 3 series of different specs/ages...fabulous cars, 5 seats, good boot, good to drive
one z4....fabulous car, 2 seat, small boot, good to drive
depends what you need and what you want. I decided on a z4 for fun, had 3s for practicality, fun, etc. For me, right time for a 2 seater
59 plate sDrive23i 2.5