Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Staggered Wheels vs Straight Wheels

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Smartbear wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:04 pmI was under the impression 17’s wouldn’t fit the 3.0si, thought the brakes on a 35i would be larger than those?
Rob
17" fit on the 3.0si - my winter set are 17" square, the recommended winter size by BMW.

For the OP, offset might be an issue but there are plenty on here who understand them better than me! There are a couple of sites you can compare visually online. I would definitely suggest a square set up for winters.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm

LeePreston wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:37 pm Firstly, thanks once again for all of the responses. It’s great to belong to a forum where newbies aren’t ridiculed for asking questions.

I’ve read and reread the posts above, and think that, in summary, there’s nothing preventing me from running my Zed on 17’s.

I’ve been offered a set of alloys from an F30 3 series. They’re a set of 396’s running 225/45/18 tyres. I can see these tyres listed on the sticker inside the door, so the tyres are good.

The wheels are 8jx18’s with an offset of 34. I’m a little confused with the offset requirement. As my current wheels have a staggered offset (ET29 and ET40), when choosing a straight set would these wheels with an ET34 offset be ok, or would I have problems?

Many thanks again in advance.....
I'm still a newbie in terms of wheel offsets! :roll:

But I did stumble across this, which may be helpful!

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black