Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyres replaced.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
superduperredz4

Tyres replaced.

Post by superduperredz4 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi just put a new set of Nankang NS2 Sport tyres on and love them,had them on my MX5 previously so had no worries with fitting them again.I use My Tyres .co.uk great prices.Going to replace brake discs and pads next.Might go for drilled discs from Brembo .
Have a nice day.

SteveSmith

Tyres replaced.

Post by SteveSmith » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:10 pm

The worse tyre I've ever driven a car with.

They're not called ditch finders for nothing.

No point having power or big stopping power if the rubber putting those forces to the tarmac are cheap crappy tyres.
28i M Sport - Alpine White / Canberra Beige, 19" M359’s, H&R’s / Eibachs, BMS Stage 1 - 271bhp, Front Splitter, CF Rear Lip, Alcantara Steering Wheel and Brembo 4 pots

kinger

Tyres replaced.

Post by kinger » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:39 pm

:o

Current - E89 35is Saphire Black
Previous- E89 35i Space Grey

raymond.harper

Tyres replaced.

Post by raymond.harper » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:13 pm

These tyres are only class C on the wet. Not the best perhaps but not the worst. But then it all depends on how you drive in the wet and more importantly what is on the road surface.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Tyres replaced.

Post by Ewazix » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:39 pm

The NS2 is an old design now, whatever you read on these they don't seem to rate any better than "OK" except by the guys on the drift forums who like the price per mm of rubber ratio.

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/wheels- ... lease.html

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/NS2.htm
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Newbmw

Tyres replaced.

Post by Newbmw » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:35 pm

I use to use Falkon tyres on my Mx5 or toyo tyres but still have bridgstone run flats on my Z4 for the moo men when time comes I'll ditch the run flats and see what people use instead but I did like my Falkon tyres

kinger

Tyres replaced.

Post by kinger » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:46 pm

I think falkens are great tyres, run them on mt TR and my Rally Imp,

Current - E89 35is Saphire Black
Previous- E89 35i Space Grey

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Tyres replaced.

Post by Ewazix » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:19 pm

kinger wrote:I think falkens are great tyres, run them on mt TR and my Rally Imp,
I had Falkens before my current Goodyear Eagle F1 A2's and think they actually suit the Z4's potentially twitchy set-up very well i.e. better than the Eagles. The Falkens have slightly more forgiving side walls, traditional tread pattern and rounded shoulder profile which are are all things that help reduce tram-lining and twitch. They wont last quite as long and probably lose a little in the wet but TBH I only do a few K miles a year and don't generally take it out when it's raining so would certainly look at Falkens again. But back on topic, I would need some convincing to go with the Nappykings :wink:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Tyres replaced.

Post by Chris_D » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:33 pm

Ewazix wrote:
kinger wrote:I think falkens are great tyres, run them on mt TR and my Rally Imp,
I had Falkens before my current Goodyear Eagle F1 A2's and think they actually suit the Z4's potentially twitchy set-up very well i.e. better than the Eagles. The Falkens have slightly more forgiving side walls, traditional tread pattern and rounded shoulder profile which are are all things that help reduce tram-lining and twitch. They wont last quite as long and probably lose a little in the wet but TBH I only do a few K miles a year and don't generally take it out when it's raining so would certainly look at Falkens again. But back on topic, I would need some convincing to go with the Nappykings :wink:
Thats a few times ive heard that now re the falkens being better suited to compensate for the twitchyness.
My own zed came with falkens fitted but as the rears were right on the limit of legality i had a LOT of twitch going on. I understand the twitch can creep back in once the tread wears down.
Might consider refitting with the same falkens when the winters come off and they go back on, instead of fitting my usual preference for vreds...
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Newbmw

Tyres replaced.

Post by Newbmw » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:06 pm

Yes the mx5 I owned was terrable when I had it I found out the owner had fitted run flats to it incase his wife broke down but when I was in the mx5 owners club falken tyres wear mentioned all the time and toyo tyres once I fitted them my car was great to drive so I will fit them once my run flats has had they days

Alpine Z

Tyres replaced.

Post by Alpine Z » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:16 pm

I fitted Falkens on all 4 corners just over two years ago, quiter and obviously better than the RFT's on the car before.

I've had two MOT's since and one Service at the Main BMW Dealer near to me. Each time the Advisory comes back tyre wear even all around plus the Tech who does the checking lists the tyres as Brigestone Potenzas!!
Alpine White S Drive 3.5i DCT

Havard

Tyres replaced.

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:50 pm

After fitting a large number of different tyres (4 cars in the household), we seldom use anything but Vredesteins. I had Falkens on my Supra and at 400Hp, they only lasted 6K miles with very little driving on the limit. Replaced them with Vreds and left the Falkens on the front. The grip at the back was causing the car to understeer in the wet, the Vreds were that good.

Got Khumos on the wife's Santa Fe and they seem reasonable for the price. The car is not driven hard at any point though.

Just got a Merc C class with Pirelli P Zeros on from new. The lasted 13K miles on the rear (RWD) but the fronts are also not got long to go, which for a non drive tyre is pretty poor. Got Continentals on now and we will see how they go on the rear.

I would never consider Nankangs but Acceleras are the worst tyre I have ever seen. I got a car with 4 new tyres and binned them with 7mm of tread left. Horrible, slidey things.

H.
ImageImage

willgill

Tyres replaced.

Post by willgill » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:30 pm

another vote for vreds here :)

warmasice

Tyres replaced.

Post by warmasice » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:19 pm

I had NS2s on a previous car (e46). They were quiet and good in the dry for daily driving (as are most tyres), however unpredicable in the wet.

I swapped them for fresh set of Goodyear Asymmetric 2. A little noisy at first but grip levels were great especially in the wet. A much more compliant ride than the factory bridgestones too - down to softer sidewall.

Greg 01

Tyres replaced.

Post by Greg 01 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:45 am

I also had ns2,s on my e46 vert the both rear tyres became mis- shaped for some reason :wink: so I ditched all 4 and got a set of uniroyal rs3 great tyres and so replaced my rft,s when I got my z .
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup: