Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Recall!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Recall!

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:27 am

Alpine Z wrote:Mine went in a couple of weeks back.

It was FoC. Carry out outstanding QE - Installing repair cable for the positive terminal.

I haven't lifted the bonnet to see what was done.
Having owned an N47 engined diesel in the past I'd definitely want to see what was alleged to have been done!

"QE" on those tractor power-plants potentially meant a new cam-chain (which means engine out as the chain is at the back of the engine just to add to the stupidity and cost of course) :evil:

Plus on early models a new crankshaft as well!

Still I sold mine before it died or got to be uneconomical to repair which was well before BMW finally started to pick up the tab for designing a product that wasn't fit for purpose! - Lucky escape!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Busterboo

Recall!

Post by Busterboo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:07 am

Ducklakeview wrote:
Busterboo wrote:Had to go to Sytner's last week. They asked for my keys. 'Read' them and announced: 'You've got an undone recall'.

They did it (for free, of course), gave the car a 'health check', washed & hoovered it and I was pleased. :)
Letting 10psi out of your new non run-flats by any chance??? :fuelfire:

Mike
Nah, because BMW, Michelin and Goodyear/Dunlop say not. :wink:
Vidi, vici, veni

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Recall!

Post by jimbo1958 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:05 am

Alpine Z wrote:Mine went in a couple of weeks back.

It was FoC. Carry out outstanding QE - Installing repair cable for the positive terminal.

I haven't lifted the bonnet to see what was done.
Sitting in my Dealers at the moment waiting for the dreaded MOT and was informed of the positive battery cable recall. Gonna get mine done when I have the brake fluid change later in the year.
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

35i-Nut

Recall!

Post by 35i-Nut » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:48 pm

mines going in next week for a service so will get it checked out :thumbsup: