Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Exhaust Upgrade

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
stuman

Exhaust Upgrade

Post by stuman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:38 pm

I am looking to replace my E89 30i exhaust system. Looking for a full straight through system if possible and not just a back box. I'm not really after more power although I know performance exhausts often bump it up 5 to 10 bhp - I want my car to breath a little easier and to save some weight with a nice throaty (not to load) sound. In the BMW M135i now 140i territory.

I would very much appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this about they're choice of brand and the overall experience of fitting and before and after the swap.

Much appreciated!

Thanks
Stu

Montymillar

Exhaust Upgrade

Post by Montymillar » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi Stuart
I went for the Remus cat back system and have not looked back. It's not too loud and looks great. I don't get any drone and with the roof down really enjoy the burble. When I push hard it sounds awesome.
Wasn't expensive. Around £560 supply/fitted by Elite in Rainham Essex.
E89 sDrive30i Highline M Sport Auto in deep sea blue, cream leather.

The_Dude

Exhaust Upgrade

Post by The_Dude » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm going in for a custom made cat back stainless system in a couple weeks. It's costing £319 plus vat.

Might be worth you considering that if you have any places nearby. It'll be to your sound/spec (within reason).
E89 23i M Sport, Saphire Black, Canberra Beige Leather.
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.

superduperredz4

Exhaust Upgrade

Post by superduperredz4 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:18 am

Just had 2 quotes from Vortex in Grays Essex ,full cat back in stainless steel £750 plus vat or just rear muffler £420 plus vat seems a lot compared to other quotes on here.
Have a nice day.

The_Dude

Exhaust Upgrade

Post by The_Dude » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Can confirm that I had mine done yesterday £319 +vat. Full stainless from the middle back. Went from the two, to one 2.5 inch. Sounds really nice. Burble on tick over, a little louder than standard for normal driving and a nice sound once you get past 3k.

No pics etc yet as it's too dark and the cars filthy. Went for very similar tailpipes to keep it looking relatively normal.

Excellent job really. I can take it back at any time to increase/decrease the sound or change the tips.
E89 23i M Sport, Saphire Black, Canberra Beige Leather.
Mods: De-badged, blue callipers, gloss black LCI's and roll over hoops, black performance grills, stubby aerial, rear carbon diffuser, gunmetal powdercoated alloys, custom stainless cat back exhaust.

SteveSmith

Exhaust Upgrade

Post by SteveSmith » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Has no one else picked up on the fact you're wanting it to sound like a turbo charged car!?

That must be some sort of sin to you NA 6 cylinder lovers!?
28i M Sport - Alpine White / Canberra Beige, 19" M359’s, H&R’s / Eibachs, BMS Stage 1 - 271bhp, Front Splitter, CF Rear Lip, Alcantara Steering Wheel and Brembo 4 pots

superduperredz4

Exhaust Upgrade

Post by superduperredz4 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:32 pm

The_Dude wrote:Can confirm that I had mine done yesterday £319 +vat. Full stainless from the middle back. Went from the two, to one 2.5 inch. Sounds really nice. Burble on tick over, a little louder than standard for normal driving and a nice sound once you get past 3k.

No pics etc yet as it's too dark and the cars filthy. Went for very similar tailpipes to keep it looking relatively normal.

Excellent job really. I can take it back at any time to increase/decrease the sound or change the tips.
Hi can I ask where you had your work done as I am in Essex.
Have a nice day.

superduperredz4

Exhaust Upgrade

Post by superduperredz4 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi yes I have had another quote from MIJ Walsall in the Midlands ,new rear muffler free flow in stainless steel with new twin tips including fitting and vat £195. It means a 300 mile round trip though.
Have a nice day.