Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

One more sleep before Z number 2!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Sparkybrum

Post by Sparkybrum » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Collecting the 35is tomorrow from Redhill and looking forward to the drive home albeit via the M25 and M40. My current ZMR will be up for grabs when I get back from a stint of work abroad on the 21st March! Looking forward to joining the E89 fraternity and the year ahead! Obviously pictures will follow shortly. :driving: :)
Z4MR
Z435is
Z423i

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Sparkybrum wrote:Collecting the 35is tomorrow from Redhill and looking forward to the drive home albeit via the M25 and M40. My current ZMR will be up for grabs when I get back from a stint of work abroad on the 21st March! Looking forward to joining the E89 fraternity and the year ahead! Obviously pictures will follow shortly. :driving: :)
May i be the first to commiserate :oops: opting for a lardy automatic gt cruiser over heritage , character & pedigree can't have been a decision you took lightly :D
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:26 pm

Congrats on your new purchase. :thumbsup: I think your mad too. But we're all different enjoy fast cruising. 8)

Sparkybrum

Post by Sparkybrum » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:27 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Sparkybrum wrote:Collecting the 35is tomorrow from Redhill and looking forward to the drive home albeit via the M25 and M40. My current ZMR will be up for grabs when I get back from a stint of work abroad on the 21st March! Looking forward to joining the E89 fraternity and the year ahead! Obviously pictures will follow shortly. :driving: :)
May i be the first to commiserate :oops: opting for a lardy automatic gt cruiser over heritage , character & pedigree can't have been a decision you took lightly :D
I'd actually keep both if the wife would let me but having three Sporty Beamers on the drive alongside her Fiesta won't be acceptable. Plus I've got to factor into account my 17 year old lad about to sit his test and no doubt want some other 'boy racer' car on the drive! House isn't big enough! :(
Z4MR
Z435is
Z423i

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:30 pm

mr wilks wrote:
I take it from that you did not like your stint with an E89?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Nictrix wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
I was just twitching Sparky up as i did enjoy every moment of my 89 but it was a totally different enjoyment .
I will have another at some point & it will most likely be the 35i or Is but that in no way means my 23i was a disappointment , i believe the 35 would simply have been the same experience with more power & that none of the 89s can offer the "go kart" feel & handling the 85s do :? jmo & fortunately i don't mind switching cars with the seasons so they are all a pleasure to own for me :driving: :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:18 pm

Congrats...

Pics when you get it...

Upgrading is always a great experience... :thumbsup:

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Good luck sleeping tonight - exciting :driving: :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:36 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Nictrix wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
I was just twitching Sparky up as i did enjoy every moment of my 89 but it was a totally different enjoyment .
I will have another at some point & it will most likely be the 35i or Is but that in no way means my 23i was a disappointment , i believe the 35 would simply have been the same experience with more power & that none of the 89s can offer the "go kart" feel & handling the 85s do :? jmo & fortunately i don't mind switching cars with the seasons so they are all a pleasure to own for me :driving: :thumbsup:
You had me wondering as I didnt remember reading anything about you not liking it
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Enjoy your drive home tomorrow OP. :driving:

Shame you can't keep both, but at least you have a decent trip to see how the E89 compares.

Looking forward to the photos - one with both in would be good!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Sparkybrum

Post by Sparkybrum » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Mr Tidy wrote:Enjoy your drive home tomorrow OP. :driving:

Shame you can't keep both, but at least you have a decent trip to see how the E89 compares.

Looking forward to the photos - one with both in would be good!
That's a given! I may even squeeze the 5 series in the middle just to remind the wife I once had all three at the same time. :thumbsup:
Z4MR
Z435is
Z423i

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 pm

Sparkybrum wrote: That's a given! I may even squeeze the 5 series in the middle just to remind the wife I once had all three at the same time.
Great idea! I wish I had taken more photos of previous cars and bikes to look back on. :(

I still don't have one of my current pair of BMWs together. :oops:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

zed4coupe

Post by zed4coupe » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:26 am

Did you get it? and where are the pictures?? :thumbsup:

Sparkybrum

Post by Sparkybrum » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting. 296's have been switched, private plate and black kidneys added. Absolutely love it. :D
Z4MR
Z435is
Z423i