Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

roof coding for £30? Seems too good to be true

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
adann

Post by adann » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Be interested to see the outcome of this as would love to be able to put the roof up when driving for those days caught in the rain!
ImageImage
BMW Z4 23i

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 pm

I think the most important feature is the ability to close the roof from the fob - this prevents the necessity of looking like a pillock running out to the car in a tee shirt when it starts chucking it down!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Andyarmra

Post by Andyarmra » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm located between Bury and Cambridge and was wondering if there is anyone who does this coding locally. I'm not sure if I want to spend £44 for the pro app and £49 for the plug-in "for a play". But if it really is good to have, I may be inclined to make a small purchase! :D

P.S I'm sure there maybe cheaper prices out there but I just took them off the app.

Cheers.
2011 Deep Sea Blue sDrive30i Z4 Highline, 19" 326 Double spoke, M sport, Cream Leather, F & R PDC, Heated Seats, pro nav and SmartTop. Previous cars: 3.0 V6 A4 Audi Quattro and Nissan 200 SX S14a touring. :driving:

Andyarmra

Post by Andyarmra » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Andyarmra wrote:I'm located between Bury and Cambridge and was wondering if there is anyone who does this coding locally. I'm not sure if I want to spend £44 for the pro app and £49 for the plug-in "for a play". But if it really is good to have, I may be inclined to make a small purchase! :D

P.S I'm sure there maybe cheaper prices out there but I just took them off the app.

Cheers.
Or not then! :rofl: Does anyone know if the adapter can be bought cheaper?
2011 Deep Sea Blue sDrive30i Z4 Highline, 19" 326 Double spoke, M sport, Cream Leather, F & R PDC, Heated Seats, pro nav and SmartTop. Previous cars: 3.0 V6 A4 Audi Quattro and Nissan 200 SX S14a touring. :driving:

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Andyarmra wrote:
Andyarmra wrote:I'm located between Bury and Cambridge and was wondering if there is anyone who does this coding locally. I'm not sure if I want to spend £44 for the pro app and £49 for the plug-in "for a play". But if it really is good to have, I may be inclined to make a small purchase! :D

Cheers.
Or not then! :rofl: Does anyone know if the adapter can be bought cheaper?
TBH, the genuine adaptors tend to be around the same price everywhere, however I'd definitely go for a genuine one, as it's guaranteed to work with the app, and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

Mike

Andyarmra

Post by Andyarmra » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Cheers Mike. I assume they're good to have so I think I'll make a small purchase. :D