Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

speaker and audio upgrades

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
badbox

Post by badbox » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:45 am

Would love to hear of any companies I can upgrade all the speakers for a 2009 3.5i
Im wanting to add an amp and sub woofer also (probably in the boot as opposed to under or behind seats )

Is there any companies that sell a package of some sort.

Im aware of the front door speakers and the rear sides behind seats. I dont have a centre rear but I see one on the centre of the dashboard.

SHould there be any more?

willgill

Post by willgill » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:21 am

I wouldn't bother with a sub, just fit some decent components in the footwells, mid range, tweeters (I went with hertz) and and an amp, at full tilt it sounds amazing with very nice punchy bass without losing any very precious boot space. I also upgraded the 'rear' speakers but to be honest they really don't add a huge amount to the overall soundstage.

benv6

Post by benv6 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am

http://www.johnkleisaudio.co.uk/bmw/ngg ... ies/bmw-z4

They do top notch jobs, using the best components out there but .... they not cheap obviously!
I was quoted 2k inc a sub - they said they would keep my head unit.
As will mentioned, good quality speakers and and a DSP amp will do an amazing job.
Now: BMW 335D Touring
Previous: 435D Coupe, BMW Z4 E89 35i, BMW Z4 E85 2.0, BMW E46 330CI

ImageImage