Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New use for the Carly OBD Bluetooth unit..

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Z4Rick

Post by Z4Rick » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:34 am

It works to drive OBD values into the RaceChrono app! Awesome. RaceChrono is a widely used track tool for logging laps, comparing laps, and seeing real time engine values and lap times as well as playing back laps with GoPro footage and on Google Earth imagery. I tried the Carly OBD Bluetooth connector and it works great! Bonus! I suspect it would work with other apps, but RaceChrono is just the best - period.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:22 am

Yep. I found it's cross-applicable with any other app that accepts a signal.
Same for carly- you can use generic dongle. Their claim that you need their dongle specifically is a bit suss.
I use the carly wifi dingledongle to feed dashcmd and carly for live temp monitoring. Was handy when sorting a temp issue after i first bought the zed
:thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Z4Rick

Post by Z4Rick » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Yeah...this is all new tech for me....I've been driving pick up trucks and minivans for a lot of years....so I not surprised at what you say....I just didn't expect it! I've missed a lot while building a career and raising three kids!