Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Service Book / Schedule Confusion

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Hey all,

Got some confusion here around the servicing of my 35is.

The 1st and 2cnd Service by BMW has different items checked, IE 1 did a vehicle check, and replaced the fuel filter, one did not. Where is it specified what is required each service? Or is everything condition based,

I spoke to BMW the other day about my next service, and they said likely all that would need to be done is an Oil and filter change. Is that a minor one then? Confused by the fact that different things seem to be getting serviced each time, how do I know when?

Just want to make sure that everything is done on properly / to schedule.

Thanks

JimsZ

Post by JimsZ » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Just check the OBC (On board computer), each major item shows when its due. Mine just flagged up a brake fluid change, just booked it iin and had it done. Nothing else needed, car got a once over etc. Would never have thought of it with out the OBC flagging it up.

Seems a great way of doing and keeping on top of things to me :thumbsup:
E89/28i Msport gone :( .. Zx10r track bike gone… time for a KTM 350 exc-f and some green laning and dirt bike excursions…. Let’s see how this goes… : :evil: