Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone else there with a car configured like mine, BMW won't tell me :(

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
GBZ4

Post by GBZ4 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Ewazix wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:36 pm
GBZ4 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:33 pm
Ewazix wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm

It's not compulsory reading ........... and anyway we still don't know if his car IS unique or not :wink:
But do we really care :lol:
Honestly, no! :lol:

It's just been fun smoking out Valori Violet after he expected us to swallow his load of bolx
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten

ferry

Post by ferry » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:00 pm

GuidoK wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:12 pm There's also a pretty hilarious thread from him on M5 board where he has the username MagicVioletZ1 (same as on e89post)
Linky?

Edit:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5 ... eller.html

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Thats the one. Basically he firstly accuses the seller for never having shipped the engine/gearbox, but when the seller responds on page 5 or so (reputable guy, professional parts supplier) he says that the seller didnt want to have it delivered to his house but to a shop that could do the install in a z1, and that both the seller and buyer cant find a shop that takes that order for the price the buyer has in mind .... :rofl:

(so basically he doesnt give the seller any chance to send the goods...sounds like a snakey lawyer kind of deal....)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 pm

GuidoK wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm Thats the one. Basically he firstly accuses the seller for never having shipped the engine/gearbox, but when the seller responds on page 5 or so (reputable guy, professional parts supplier) he says that the seller didnt want to have it delivered to his house but to a shop that could do the install in a z1, and that both the seller and buyer cant find a shop that takes that order for the price the buyer has in mind .... :rofl:

(so basically he doesnt give the seller any chance to send the goods...sounds like a snakey lawyer kind of deal....)
Guido...you have know idea what you are talking about. But reminds me, I need to contact Troy and get my V10 engine and gearbox. Thanks for the reminder :driving:

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Back in the day at TVR.
Attachments
Seat Upholstery TVR small.jpg
Seat Upholstery TVR small.jpg (116.42 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
TVR S Body Small.jpg
TVR S Body Small.jpg (112.75 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
TVR Racing Truck small.jpg
TVR Racing Truck small.jpg (117.93 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
TVR Factory Frames.jpg
TVR Factory Frames.jpg (165.27 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
TVR White car Factory.jpg
TVR White car Factory.jpg (146.24 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
TVR Factory Chap.jpg
TVR Factory Chap.jpg (170.57 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
TVR Factory Red Car.jpg
TVR Factory Red Car.jpg (118.03 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
TVR Black FactorySMALL.jpg
TVR Black FactorySMALL.jpg (116.38 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 pm

My favorite TVR the 660 SEAC
Attachments
TVR 660 SEAC.jpg
TVR 660 SEAC.jpg (190.38 KiB) Viewed 1073 times

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Valor1 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 pm Guido...you have know idea what you are talking about.
Maybe not, but what you said in that first post doesnt strike at all with what was later said, or how your tone changed in that topic.
I'm sure there are 2 sides to the story.
But you backed out of that topic as soon as he reacted with a completely different angle to the story, so it puzzles me what purpose you had with that topic. What were you trying to achieve?
I do hope it all works out for you and that other guy in the end.

Within the few topics you started here you've proven yourself as quite a controversial person and this doesnt seem to be the first forum that that happens. That does paint a picture...
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:33 am

Guido, you doubly don't know what you're talking about.

Let me see, the "Topic" of this post is self-explanatory if you read it: It was quite simply whether anyone else had a car like mine or if anyone knew how many were made like mine. (E89 in crimson red with exclusive ivory leather interior and an N54 motor with a six speed manual gearbox.) Pretty straightforward topic if you ask me. Not much to back out of there.

People here started jumping in on value and investment, etc., of the Z4 not me.

Now obviously as a general proposition scarcity can have an impact on value, i.e., the notion of supply and demand. But that was never my inquiry. I never asked as my topic whether people thought this was car was a good investment. Frankly, I suspect cars like my Ghibli in my Avatar were more of an "investment" sort of motorcar than the Z4. I know cars that are and are not "investment grade" automobiles.

My inquiry here was about the simple rarity of my particular Z4.

It may surprise you to learn some folks like having things not so many others have, irrespective of cost considerations. So I am not sure what double-talk you are referring to.

My post is simple and, as it stands now, thanks to BMW in Munich, it appears I am getting the answers I have been seeking.

In good measure I owe a special thanks to Thorsten. Your advice is greatly appreciated Thorsten!

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:58 am

So Walter Mitty returns... :roll:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:33 am

Pastry wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:58 am So Walter Mitty returns... :roll:
:rofl:
I used to love that movie when I was a kid.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:59 am

You are being slippery my friend (perhaps you are a lawyer :wink: ). People read this thread alongside the other you created on the same topic. in that YOU clearly introduced the notion that you wanted the info from the perspective of an enthusiast, collector and investor. You have also had a 'pop' at forum members for not immediately condemning BMW, issued a put-down for not being as discerning as Porsche owners and of course for not being a super-high net-worth auto-connoisseur such as yourself. It might be a cultural issue (the forum has a high UK membership) but bragging, name dropping and self-puffery like that goes down badly and is often met with ridicule over here, hence the rough ride and ribbing. I remain unconvinced about a lot of what you have said on this forum and elsewhere and suspect that with a little digging a lot of it would unravel.

A sample of your references to your interest in the rarity, collect-ability and value of your E89 from your other thread. You may have spotted the next ///M Coupe style bubble coming, if so just say so rather than giving all the BS :poke:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=98328

"The bottom line is if the BMW community, i.e., you folks all agreeing with BMW, believes BMW not releasing information about their production numbers is okay then BMW will continue to do that.....and their cars will never attain the status of their prior generations of cars, collector-wise."

"I guess the bottom line is if the cars aren't special enough in BMW's eyes to support the community, and this community doesn't care or want that support in this way then they simply aren't that special......which may in part explain the massive depreciation these cars have."

"The fact is collectors do like to know this sort of information. Another fact is cars that were once upon a time not considered collectible, years on, have in fact become collectible. "

Anyway I'm bugging out now, it sounds like you have your numbers coming from BMW which is nice of them 8)
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

Valor1

Post by Valor1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Ewazix wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:59 am You are being slippery my friend (perhaps you are a lawyer :wink: ). People read this thread alongside the other you created on the same topic. in that YOU clearly introduced the notion that you wanted the info from the perspective of an enthusiast, collector and investor. You have also had a 'pop' at forum members for not immediately condemning BMW, issued a put-down for not being as discerning as Porsche owners and of course for not being a super-high net-worth auto-connoisseur such as yourself. It might be a cultural issue (the forum has a high UK membership) but bragging, name dropping and self-puffery like that goes down badly and is often met with ridicule over here, hence the rough ride and ribbing. I remain unconvinced about a lot of what you have said on this forum and elsewhere and suspect that with a little digging a lot of it would unravel.

A sample of your references to your interest in the rarity, collect-ability and value of your E89 from your other thread. You may have spotted the next ///M Coupe style bubble coming, if so just say so rather than giving all the BS :poke:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=98328

"The bottom line is if the BMW community, i.e., you folks all agreeing with BMW, believes BMW not releasing information about their production numbers is okay then BMW will continue to do that.....and their cars will never attain the status of their prior generations of cars, collector-wise."

"I guess the bottom line is if the cars aren't special enough in BMW's eyes to support the community, and this community doesn't care or want that support in this way then they simply aren't that special......which may in part explain the massive depreciation these cars have."

"The fact is collectors do like to know this sort of information. Another fact is cars that were once upon a time not considered collectible, years on, have in fact become collectible. "

Anyway I'm bugging out now, it sounds like you have your numbers coming from BMW which is nice of them 8)
Actually, you are incorrect when you make this assertion. The fact is when the folks here started defending BMW's refusal to provide such information, and only then, did I list reasons why such information would be beneficial. (BTW, I stand by those reasons.)

Interestingly enough, it turns out it was not BMW that was the problem, but rather BMW North America. BMW Munich has, thankfully, really stepped up.

You can think what you want about my automobile experience, I really don't care. I might I ask what automobiles are in your collection Sir as you like to sit and judge? I raise this issue not in the context of snobbery but rather to understand your first-hand automobile collecting expertise.

As for cultural differences that you refer to, and I'm not saying I am any expert here, but the English are not the same as say the Scandinavians when it comes to conservatism. Whereas traditionally well-to-do Scandinavians are conservative with their displays of affluence and even individuality (ever notice how the majority of houses are mostly the same three basic color and its relatively rare to see Ferraris and Lamborghinis and such cars in Scandinavia?), the English are famous for their rigid class distinctions and class displays, historically at least. The land of Rolls Royce and Bentley. Where trains still show distinctions by "class." England was ground zero for the automobile cottage industry where men chose to express their individual automobile visions (Morgan, Marcos, TVR, Jensen, Lotus, David Brown, etc.)

Please don't confuse my endeavoring to understand your experience and expertise in the field of investment grade automobiles with snobbery.

Likewise, please understand, and I reiterate, my goal and objective with this thread was simply to discover how many cars like mine were produced. I never expected it to be the next 250SWB Cal Spider. I just wanted to know how rare my car was.

Now, thanks to the post from Thorsten, I have a pretty good idea and he helped resolve the subject of my post.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:54 pm

this is quite possibly the worst thread on the whole of the f***ing internet :tumbleweed:

:D :lol:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Valor1 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:25 pmAs for cultural differences that you refer to, and I'm not saying I am any expert here, but the English are not the same as say the Scandinavians when it comes to conservatism. Whereas traditionally well-to-do Scandinavians are conservative with their displays of affluence and even individuality (ever notice how the majority of houses are mostly the same three basic color and its relatively rare to see Ferraris and Lamborghinis and such cars in Scandinavia?), the English are famous for their rigid class distinctions and class displays, historically at least. The land of Rolls Royce and Bentley. Where trains still show distinctions by "class."
No, you're obviously not an 'expert', but it doesn't seem to stop you spouting off, does it...?

Please try your hardest to rearrange the following words into a coherent sentence...

clue... fuck1ng... got... haven't... a... you...

:headbang:
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:05 pm

So you are actually Deirdre Barlow and you used to stitch the seats in TVRs before becoming an actress :thumbsup:
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)