Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone else there with a car configured like mine, BMW won't tell me :(

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
ferry

Post by ferry » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:36 pm

GuidoK wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:28 pm
ferry wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:18 pmThe truly great BMW engines do not have turbochargers.
...mumbles something about a turbocharged early 80's F1 engine so there are always exceptions to the rule :P
I did consider qualifying it with "road car" (though limited experience of 2002 ;)) as I assumed someone would bring up M12!

S14, S38, S50, S54, S70 etc......

In fairness I rate non-M NA engines almost as highly.

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:30 pm

2002 m10 turbo engine was very revolutionairy in its days (first european turbo production car), but it has seen very little racing due to reliability issues (most races were done with 2002ti or tii).
So very rare, it set bmw on the map as an early adaptor of turbo technology but it set no significant impact in the sports department. (that came with the introduction in F1 and making it illegal in F1 a few years later :lol: )

Still bmw has a very very high reputation in turbos when it comes to diesels. They have been making diesels with the highest specific output for years on end (the insane power outputs bmw realized with their strong TD 3L i6 (335d, m550d etc), all the competitors needed 4L+ V8's turbodiesels to reach the same goals.). As soon as they started to make turbodiesels, they showed that bmw is an excellent engine manufacturer. Even Mercedes (considered as the pioneer on car diesel engines and car turbodiesel engines) had nothing to match those engines.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:15 am

ferry wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:22 pm
Ewazix wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:50 pm
Valor1 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:40 am
By way of background, ............ I developed an engine configuration while still in college that Peter Wheeler rather liked. So much so he flew me to Blackpool where I spent several weeks at the factory developing this engine which found its way into a SEAC ...........
Really? I'd have said that unless you have a Brummy accent and your name is John Eales or Graham Nash you might be 'exaggerating' just a little :lol:

Anyway, unfortunately nobody can answer your question but were all petrol heads and would love to see the 'collection'

:worthless:
Wasn't aware of any special tuning tricks on the SEAC engines. They're stroked Rover V8s with basic tuning practices used. Given we're talking late 80s it's a bit before my time.
It looks like the SEAC engine was full of good stuff but as you say all standard race tuning methods and was developed by two well known performance engine development firms in the midlands John Eales and Graham Nash. No mention anywhere in any of the authoritative Wedge books about Peter Wheeler flying people in from the US to guide them. David Sims documents the SEAC cars on his site, he's a big name in the TVR Club and was involved in the development of the SEAC.

Point being Valor1 is, shall we politely say, almost certainly FOS about this and probably quite a lot else :wink:
https://www.theseacpages.co.uk/Production.html
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Ewazix wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:15 am almost certainly FOS about this and probably quite a lot else :wink:
I wonder what's true and what he made up.
I mean its of course a little bit too coincidental when you 'happen to mention' a TVR and he of course developed an engine for it :lol:
He's very keen to point out that he collects exclusive cars but his behaviour doesnt match that...
His topics about flywheels and tyres are way to amateuristic for that
sets you thinking.... he could be a young spoiled nephew of a car collector.... :rofl:
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

ferry

Post by ferry » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Somewhat disappointed this appears to have died.

willgill

Post by willgill » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:05 am

He's probably trolling the z1 and z8 forums now

sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:51 am

willgill wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:05 am He's probably trolling the z1 and z8 forums now
:rofl:

elevensies

Post by elevensies » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:07 am

there is a web site i found that does give released info on builds...i will look back to try find it, however, whatever colour it is, its very nice:)

also every z4 is exceptional, :thumbsup:

only thing.....its a lefty :headbang:
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:54 am

willgill wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:05 am He's probably trolling the z1 and z8 forums now
If you do a little research you will find someone with the same username and 'linguistic style' from California (who previously lived elsewhere) has, shall we say, made a 'name' for-himself on Ferrari and Porsche forums talking deals on $150k cars ("douche-bag" being one of them). Also hangs out on gun and combat knife forums and has apparently claimed to be a Beverly Hills lawyer, International car dealer, a big-shot collector and now, as we know an engine designer.

If it turns out to be untrue and he is a lawyer and designed engines for Enzo, and is a knife wielding gun-toting psycho then I unreservedly apologise and preface every word with 'allegedly' :P
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:00 am

Ewazix wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:54 am If it turns out to be untrue and he is a lawyer and designed engines for Enzo, and is a knife wielding gun-toting psycho then I unreservedly apologise and preface every word with 'allegedly' :P
Classic :rofl:

Well if attention was his aim, he certainly achieved it with over 128 posts and counting in this thread alone...
That is some legendary trolling if it turns out to be the case :?
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:12 pm

There's also a pretty hilarious thread from him on M5 board where he has the username MagicVioletZ1 (same as on e89post)

GBZ4

Post by GBZ4 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Can we all draw a line underneath this and move on, I'm getting bored now :topicclosed:
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm

GBZ4 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:37 pm Can we all draw a line underneath this and move on, I'm getting bored now :topicclosed:
It's not compulsory reading ........... and anyway we still don't know if his car IS unique or not :wink:
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

GBZ4

Post by GBZ4 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Ewazix wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm
GBZ4 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:37 pm Can we all draw a line underneath this and move on, I'm getting bored now :topicclosed:
It's not compulsory reading ........... and anyway we still don't know if his car IS unique or not :wink:
But do we really care :lol:
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:36 pm

GBZ4 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:33 pm
Ewazix wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm
But do we really care :lol:
Honestly, no! :lol:

It's just been fun smoking out Valori Violet after he expected us to swallow his load of bolx
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost