Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replacing bootlid badge on e89

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
wilwong1971

Post by wilwong1971 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Hi all,

My bootlid badge is weirdly fading and I was looking at a replacement on eBay :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-BMW-Z ... Swq1JZJFoJ

I've looked at my boot badge and it doesn't look stuck on like the bonnet or side ones do ?

Anyone know how it comes off? Many thanks !

Wil

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:51 pm

Dont know for sure but looking at this it looks like its stuck on.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=41_1895
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Neo-uk

Post by Neo-uk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 pm

There are two pins that are part of the badge that go into two plastic grommets in the recess where it sits.
So concentrate on levering at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions and it should pop off.
Make sure there's some protection for your paintwork under whatever you're using to lever with.
Surprising that none of the 12 members that viewed this post knew this, ( or maybe couldn't be bothered to answer ).

wilwong1971

Post by wilwong1971 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Thanks so similar to the bonnet badge fitting 😊👍🏻

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Neo-uk wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 pm There are two pins that are part of the badge that go into two plastic grommets in the recess where it sits.
So concentrate on levering at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions and it should pop off.
Make sure there's some protection for your paintwork under whatever you're using to lever with.
Surprising that none of the 12 members that viewed this post knew this, ( or maybe couldn't be bothered to answer ).
Are you sure you're not talking about the badge on the e85?
The e89 set up is different as it's not on the boot lid as such, but on the boot opening handle :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Neo-uk wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 pm There are two pins that are part of the badge that go into two plastic grommets in the recess where it sits.
A very strong reply from a newbie that obviously has no idea about the members on here, if you're capable of taking advice I'd tone your attitude down if you want to remain and take part in discussion. There are extremely knowledgable members on here, a post explaining the answer would have popped in, if you had any idea of the forum you would know this without the mouth.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

Post by dr_john » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:02 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 pm
A very strong reply from a newbie that obviously has no idea about the members on here, if you're capable of taking advice I'd tone your attitude down if you want to remain and take part in discussion. There are extremely knowledgable members on here, a post explaining the answer would have popped in, if you had any idea of the forum you would know this without the mouth.
Just what I thought John, no need for that attitude from anyone let alone a newbie :thumbsdown:
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Pretty sure the emblems on all the flip boot lid releases on model ranges are just stuck on with a rubberised doublesided tape with locator pins on the base mount.

Tim.

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:41 am

Other than the zed range, I'm not familiar with other bmw models, but a friends bm I noticed the boot badge handle was lifted whilst he was sat in the car, so I pointed this out to him. He said everyone tells me that, it's the reverse camera underneath, I thought that was neat.

I think if I had to work on that badge, I would remove the handle from the car, there's on a micro switch on the back.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:12 am

It looks like it's just stuck on with double sided so if you get a hairdryer on it and flip the badge you should be able to get a credit card around the edges and prize off. I'd put some masking tape around the bodywork to protect the paint. I did the nose emblem on my M140i the other week and once warmed up they come off fairly easy.

Tim.

Dr-Jon

Post by Dr-Jon » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 pm

john-e89 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 pm
[/quote
shot the lad down, not only is he ruder than me even, his answer was wrong too
2010 2.3 Auto with paddles in black with koral red leather and Sat Nav, heated seats, and steering wheel. stubby aerial

Neo-uk

Post by Neo-uk » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:08 am

Whatever. :roll:
All I've had in here seem to be rude comments and abrupt answers, for example putting stuff up for sale I was told the stuff was dirty and tatty, then someone commented on my spelling of the word tyres. So I just thought I'd fit. I notice that he didn't get any responses until I shot out a little criticism.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:46 am

Neo-uk wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:08 am Whatever. :roll:
All I've had in here seem to be rude comments and abrupt answers, for example putting stuff up for sale I was told the stuff was dirty and tatty, then someone commented on my spelling of the word tyres. So I just thought I'd fit. I notice that he didn't get any responses until I shot out a little criticism.
Yes but posting a response like that after the OP posted a mere 31 minutes beforehand is a bit out of order mate, it was a Sunday as well which is a low member day until later in the evening as a general rule. The thing with the wheels and tyres you put up is there are a lot of chancers that join to sell stuff, often overpriced, then they swan off never to be seen again, so they will get short shrift, you can't get much past this lot!

Which brings me round to my point, stick around, see how the place rolls, you can't get on with everybody but it's a friendly place if you're not a chancer. If you want to sell on here it has to be good gear or priced accordingly.

Hope you stay, sorry if I sound like the forum cops, I'm a realative newbie too, I only mean to pop a couple of pointers. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:31 am

I'm on here 24/7 365 days a year as I have no life :lol:

Tim.

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:58 am

TitanTim wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:12 am It looks like it's just stuck on with double sided so if you get a hairdryer on it and flip the badge you should be able to get a credit card around the edges and prize off. I'd put some masking tape around the bodywork to protect the paint. I did the nose emblem on my M140i the other week and once warmed up they come off fairly easy.

Tim.
Nice one Tim, top tip..
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather