Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

P5 VUU RED 23i 55k miles (2009)

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
gov

Post by gov » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:16 pm

still on the hunt for a red e89 manual - been considering going to view this car as it's not too far away - been talking to the dealer who seems honest ie not pushy and has sent some close up pics - he took in part exchange from clearly a z4 enthusiast - price is good - all original - to get it up to my standard could probably do with the usual front respray ie a few stone chips - sounds like the previous owner is a forum member - private reg staying with the car - full bmw history and good mot history - yes not a 3.0 :( but still a 6 pot :D appreciate it won't perform like a 3 litre but no slouch ! in red it looks fabulous :D

anyone know anything about this car ?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:53 pm

gov wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:16 pm still on the hunt for a red e89 manual - been considering going to view this car as it's not too far away - been talking to the dealer who seems honest ie not pushy and has sent some close up pics - he took in part exchange from clearly a z4 enthusiast - price is good - all original - to get it up to my standard could probably do with the usual front respray ie a few stone chips - sounds like the previous owner is a forum member - private reg staying with the car - full bmw history and good mot history - yes not a 3.0 :( but still a 6 pot :D appreciate it won't perform like a 3 litre but no slouch ! in red it looks fabulous :D

Hi, I should imagine that's going to be potent enough for island use Tony :)
What options has it got listed, heated seats/wind blocker etc?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

gov

Post by gov » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Smartbear wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:53 pm
gov wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:16 pm still on the hunt for a red e89 manual - been considering going to view this car as it's not too far away - been talking to the dealer who seems honest ie not pushy and has sent some close up pics - he took in part exchange from clearly a z4 enthusiast - price is good - all original - to get it up to my standard could probably do with the usual front respray ie a few stone chips - sounds like the previous owner is a forum member - private reg staying with the car - full bmw history and good mot history - yes not a 3.0 :( but still a 6 pot :D appreciate it won't perform like a 3 litre but no slouch ! in red it looks fabulous :D

Hi, I should imagine that's going to be potent enough for island use Tony :)
What options has it got listed, heated seats/wind blocker etc?
Rob
Hi Rob - not sure about heated seats but has got a multi function steering wheel :) also cream leather that looks good with red :) and a windblocker - it's not an M sport but strangely enough I find the front M bumper a bit gaudy to my taste ( sorry ) what is good is that everything is original and with a FBMW service history - I'm told the leather is also not worn - ex AUC with 2 previous owners - just love that colour - spend a few quid and would be up to my exacting demands - I'll send you a link so you can see for yourself.

Tony

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Please post a link.

Id like to see what its going for. Sounds almost the same as mine...Ive got a deep sea blue metallic with 23000 miles. 2009(59). 2.5 manual. Guy I bought from bought it as an AUC 4 years ago and has done 1500 miles in the time he owned it! Comes with full (none bmw) history (last owner had all servicing done at local highly regarded garage).

Car has parking/leather/wind deflector/heated seats. Body work is virtually unmarked, only 1 or 2 stone-chips.

Engine is absolutely as sweet as a nut and has done an average 37mpg over the past week or so!

The ONLY complaint is the number of rattles and creaks with the roof up...Im going to be addressing that over the coming weeks as well as undersealing seeing as how I live near the coast!
Attachments
IMG_1094.JPG
IMG_1094.JPG (406.44 KiB) Viewed 821 times

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:47 pm

Is this it?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... red&page=1

If so, price is almost exactly the same as I paid privately.....although I was paying a premium for the lower mileage.

Looking at the pics, looks like it HAS got:

Front and rear parking sensors
Wind deflector
Heated seats
Cruise control
Auto lights

Pretty good spec and a pretty good price for a dealer, looks a really tidy car.
The only thing that I think lets it down is the 17" alloys....Z4s need a minimum of 18" for many people, but each to their own! Ive just ordered a set of 17s with winter tyres for mine, just in case :oops:

gov

Post by gov » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Kugaman1 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:47 pm Is this it?

If so, price is almost exactly the same as I paid privately.....although I was paying a premium for the lower mileag

Wind deflector
Heated seats
Cruise control
Auto lights

The only thing that I think lets it down is the 17" alloys....Z4s need a minimum of 18" for many people, but each to their own! Ive just ordered a set of 17s with winter tyres for mine, just in case :oops:
Yes this is it - would prefer one with a 3.0 engine but these in red are as rare as hens' teeth :(

Vonlipvig

Post by Vonlipvig » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Looks good, the price is definatly coming down. 1.5k less than i paid for mine a year ago and I dont have leather or wind deflector. I do quick like the red as well. The 23i I do enjoy, the 3.0 would be nice but I don't feel lacking, unless I'm trying to keep up with buzyg and then the 3.0 still wouldn't help :P
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 pm

gov wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 pm
Kugaman1 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:47 pm Is this it?

If so, price is almost exactly the same as I paid privately.....although I was paying a premium for the lower mileag

Wind deflector
Heated seats
Cruise control
Auto lights

Yes this is it - would prefer one with a 3.0 engine but these in red are as rare as hens' teeth :(
I'm more than happy with the 23....there are loads of speed cams and camera vans up here and the lazy effortless drive of the straight six 2.5 suits my needs precisely.
If you rev it, it moves along nicely, otherwise it cruises nicely and without effort.