Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Skirt Size Request

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
thanatu55

Skirt Size Request

Post by thanatu55 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi, there is a reason behind this that will become clear but for now is anybody able to provide the exact length of the E89 side skirts?

I would measure myself if I had one but I'm a mere E85 owner at present.

Cheers to anyone willing to help with this.

Edit: Ok some more details about this. I own an E85 and have looked everywhere for some side skirt extensions. I finally found a place that will make them, and when I mentioned this to the forum it turned out that I wasn't the only one looking for these. When I realised the demand for these I managed work out a group buy deal with AGT Styling for a 20% discount each. My thread is here:

http://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=99807

Having started this I am now receiving requests from people for an E89 version. I have absolutely nothing to do with AGT Styling other than brokering this group buy deal, but I seem to have developed quite a good relationship with Antreas the owner from our emails back and forth. So if I can help a few people and save them a bit of money then why not? I've mentioned all of this to him and he has agreed to make a version for the E89 under the same terms as the E85 Group Buy.

tbh there's nothing in this for me, I'm just carrying on from what I started on the E85 thread, but Antreas has asked me for the measurements of the E89 side skirts as accurate as possible.

If anyone has any interest in any of this then please help with providing measurements below.

Cheers :thumbsup:

SteveSmith

Skirt Size Request

Post by SteveSmith » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:35 pm

I'll take some measurements tomorrow afternoon and I'll let you know, very interested in something gloss black, not carbon fibre.

Can they make a front Splitter as I'm still struggling to find someone to do that!
28i M Sport - Alpine White / Canberra Beige, 19" M359’s, H&R’s / Eibachs, BMS Stage 1 - 271bhp, Front Splitter, CF Rear Lip, Alcantara Steering Wheel and Brembo 4 pots

thanatu55

Skirt Size Request

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:03 am

SteveSmith wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:35 pm I'll take some measurements tomorrow afternoon and I'll let you know, very interested in something gloss black, not carbon fibre.

Can they make a front Splitter as I'm still struggling to find someone to do that!
Thank's SteveSmith. If he can do this he will probably provide two options, fibreglass or carbon fiber. Fibreglass is half the price.

I'll ask him about the front splitter. He sent me a picture of an E89 they are currently sponsoring for which they have done work, but things then got a little confusing regards not having one there to work on. There's a bit of a language barrier to compensate for sometimes but he's a thoroughly decent chap. I'll try to get something a bit clearer from him.