Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Quad Conversion - Project Write up

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Quad Conversion - Project Write up

Post by Breaker » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 am

I does look good. :thumbsup: Thanks for your help on the rear diffuser by the way. :thumbsup:

I agree on getting the boxes blacked out. One thing I don't like about the M is the way you can see the rear silencer boxes. Sort of makes the rear of the M look a bit "Halfords"! :|
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:05 am

Breaker wrote:I does look good. :thumbsup: Thanks for your help on the rear diffuser by the way. :thumbsup:

I agree on getting the boxes blacked out. One thing I don't like about the M is the way you can see the rear silencer boxes. Sort of makes the rear of the M look a bit "Halfords"! :|
I didn't realise I helped - Thought you beat me to getting it fitted :thumbsup: Yours inspired me to get on with the project
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Breaker » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:50 am

Those instructions you posted helped a lot before I bought it. :)
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

Z4 KiD

Post by Z4 KiD » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:40 pm

looks really nice, possibly RPi Exhaust? then you wouldn't see the silencer boxes :)

Does any Reckon Garages would carry out this procedure? Because i don't Really have the time or place to do this :x
But would love it on my car eventually :evil:

Joe.

Incompatible

Post by Incompatible » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:12 pm

CJ, Now that you've had the battery in use for a year, what are your thoughts? What model did you use and would you go wilh the same one? Tks
If you can't take the time to teach a kid something good, someone will take the time to teach them something bad.
2007 AW Z4 3.0Si Coupe

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Joe - I blacked the boxes out a month after the conversion. All recent photos show it as such and look better.

Inconpatible Well a year on and I'm totally happy with everything. The battery was a Hawker which I found on the internet later also marketed as Enersys model SBS60. It's taken the car through the worst Winter for 25 years and on a 3.0i auto has to be the toughest combo to run. Yes I would use the same again and always had a backup plan to fit a second battery in the void on UK cars in the engine bay behind the NS wheel arch. Never need to though :)
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

JackGarrett

Post by JackGarrett » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:25 am

did you install an h or x pipe into the system?

Mr Whippy

Post by Mr Whippy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Are there any videos so we can hear the sound?
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior

Cyscrofer

Post by Cyscrofer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:20 pm

I know a man who can convert any 3ltr Z4 for around £400 quid, hes just done mine in full stainless and sounds the dogs.
I just wish I wasn't such a tecknophobe and could record my exhaust and stick it on here.
Lets put it this way, you wont go that sound sh*t if you know what I mean.
Quads yes singles twins or what you wont it aint a problem, the system is bespoke and built specifically to your car and all made in Stainless.
The biggest worry is paying for it and handing the key over for half a day, but the smiles per mile after - Im still smilling now and more concerned about the
5000 miles limited insurance policy all I want to do is blast about in it now.
Give me a shout if anyone want a system doing 07764 683388.
The guys are based in Doncaster if it helps anyone out.
System take half a day to fit.
Cysty

JDM

Post by JDM » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:50 am

Cyscrofer wrote:I know a man who can convert any 3ltr Z4 for around £400 quid, hes just done mine in full stainless and sounds the dogs.
I just wish I wasn't such a tecknophobe and could record my exhaust and stick it on here.
Lets put it this way, you wont go that sound sh*t if you know what I mean.
Quads yes singles twins or what you wont it aint a problem, the system is bespoke and built specifically to your car and all made in Stainless.
The biggest worry is paying for it and handing the key over for half a day, but the smiles per mile after - Im still smilling now and more concerned about the
5000 miles limited insurance policy all I want to do is blast about in it now.
Give me a shout if anyone want a system doing 07764 683388.
The guys are based in Doncaster if it helps anyone out.
System take half a day to fit.
Cysty
This will be the same company that did mine about 4 months ago. Fantastic job!
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

Alun1976

Post by Alun1976 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:09 am

cj10jeeper wrote:Joe - I blacked the boxes out a month after the conversion. All recent photos show it as such and look better.

Inconpatible Well a year on and I'm totally happy with everything. The battery was a Hawker which I found on the internet later also marketed as Enersys model SBS60. It's taken the car through the worst Winter for 25 years and on a 3.0i auto has to be the toughest combo to run. Yes I would use the same again and always had a backup plan to fit a second battery in the void on UK cars in the engine bay behind the NS wheel arch. Never need to though :)
Sorry to bother you again CJ but I just wanted to check whether the battery you quote in the above message SBS60 is the right one as you also quote the SBS40 in another thread. Is it the SBS60 you have been running for a while now and was you considering in downsizing to the SBS40?

Thanks again

Al
Z4 3.0i Roadster (ESS TS2 supercharged, E36 M3 headers, AA methanol injection, E46 M3 Rear axle inc LSD, Brembo (Porsche) Brake upgrade, M3 CSL discs, KW V3 coilovers, Eibach wheel spacers, Miltek backbox, CDV delete, 6-speed illuminated M gear knob.)

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:34 am

It's the SBS 40 that fits. Not sure why I said the larger size in that post - my error (although I do use those on Jeeps).

Look for Odyssey Extreme 40 as the Hawker SBS40 is no so common.

Alun1976

Post by Alun1976 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:21 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:It's the SBS 40 that fits. Not sure why I said the larger size in that post - my error (although I do use those on Jeeps).

Thanks CJ. Was only clarifying this as I can get hold of a SBS60 for £85 (brand new but old stock apparently) which is really cheap.

Al
Z4 3.0i Roadster (ESS TS2 supercharged, E36 M3 headers, AA methanol injection, E46 M3 Rear axle inc LSD, Brembo (Porsche) Brake upgrade, M3 CSL discs, KW V3 coilovers, Eibach wheel spacers, Miltek backbox, CDV delete, 6-speed illuminated M gear knob.)

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Alun1976 wrote:
cj10jeeper wrote:It's the SBS 40 that fits. Not sure why I said the larger size in that post - my error (although I do use those on Jeeps).

Thanks CJ. Was only clarifying this as I can get hold of a SBS60 for £85 (brand new but old stock apparently) which is really cheap.

Al
Yep - they come up on ebay from time to time. Cheap but they are generally unused UPS batteries that have stood around for ages. OK - they last for a good few years standing, but I'd buy new and fresh batteries.