Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How to reset your brake fluid clock symbol indicator

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Replace brake fluid warning light comes on every 2 years,

Just done this on my 06 3.0si with success.

For vehicles that can have the service light reset using the instrument cluster.
1. Ignition key to position 0 (off)
2. Hold trip meter button (the left button)
3. Ignition key to position 1. The display will show: "test 1"
4. Keep holding the trip meter button until the the display shows: "reset inspection" or "reset oil service"
5. Release the button
6. Press and release the trip meter button once. The display will show the square clock symbol and the month the fluid change is/was due on.
7. Press and hold the trip meter button until the display is showing a flashing "reset". Then release the button. "Reset" will keep flashing.
8. Press and release the trip meter button once. The display will show the square clock symbol and the month for the next fluid change in 2 years time.
9. Press and hold the trip meter until "End" is displayed
10. Let go of the button and turn ignition to 0 (off). The clock symbol will not show again until the next fluid change is due.

If your service light needs to be reset using a reset tool/scanner then you will need to reset the brake fluid light also with this.
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

spearman

Post by spearman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:09 pm

Worked perfectly on my 04 :thumbsup:

Point 7 - when the "reset" is flashing you need to be quick, and press the trip button again. I was reading the guide, and had to repeat a few times until I done it quick enough.

Thanks!

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2008 ///M Roadster

srhutch

Re: How to reset your brake fluid clock symbol indicator

Post by srhutch » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Can anybody confirm this will only reset the time based servicing and not the condition based one.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 pm

srhutch wrote:Can anybody confirm this will only reset the time based servicing and not the condition based one.
Is there a time related service/inspection warning light on your car? (It would actually be a good idea) but the only time related service warning I have is the square brake fluid symbol at two years. This process will re-set a a condition based inspection/service, or time based brake fluid warning, just select the appropriate "inspection" reset as described.
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:32 pm

The time based one is only for Brake Fluid, the dealer forgot to set it yesterday when they did the brake fluid and an oil change. I asked them not to reset the condition based one but to reset the time based one.

Just wanted to get my fact straight before I complain on Monday (3 other issues as well) all minor but so bloody annoying. :headbang:

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:37 pm

srhutch wrote:The time based one is only for Brake Fluid, the dealer forgot to set it yesterday when they did the brake fluid and an oil change. I asked them not to reset the condition based one but to reset the time based one.

Just wanted to get my fact straight before I complain on Monday (3 other issues as well) all minor but so bloody annoying. :headbang:
What were the minor issues mate?
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Supplied 6 litres of oil, car needs 5.5 and didnt get the half back. dealer would charge £10 for half a litre.
Service book not stamped.
Micro filter not changed as agreed.

Phone call on monday followed up by written communication if not resolved.

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Post by andysat » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Dont blame you mate :thumbsdown:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

V8rumbler

Post by V8rumbler » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:20 pm

Worked for me