Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Front Bumper Removal - DIY by mister_roger

zagamuffin

Re: Front Bumper Removal - DIY by mister_roger

Post by zagamuffin » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:30 am

no, forgot sorry
2003 2.5 silvery goldish
gaptech,19" ispiris,iPod kit,xcite halos,load of petrol

Roundozo

Re: Front Bumper Removal - DIY by mister_roger

Post by Roundozo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:25 pm

This post is a timely reminder that I need to realign my headlights so bumper off job. Is this a by the eye job or does anyone have a guide. Near side light is fine but off side was replaced by previous owner and its not quite right. My OCD does not like it.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:48 pm

I've just noticed by front bumper feels a little 'loose' on the nearside and the black plastic spacer thing looks a bit wavy. May need to use this excellent guide to do a bumper removal and inspect those pesky clips.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

ianmuk

Post by ianmuk » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:31 am

Just wanted to say thanks to this post for helping me with removing the front bumper removal to replace the balast on my foggy headlight!

Benderloch

Post by Benderloch » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:04 am

Thanks for this. Very helpful.
E86 Silver Grey Red leather, Piano Black trim.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:15 am

Its great that 13 year old threads are still helping members out to this day, shows what a great resource this forum is :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

barnyg

Post by barnyg » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:11 am

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:49 am Note also that in the lower rear corners (as seen in photo 2) there is an engagement lug in front of the bolts. If you dont get this connected in the square hole, the rest will not alight properly.
A classic old thread I know but just saw this about an engagement lug. My front bumper appears to be sat incredibly low on the car. The bonnet and wings line up nicely but the bumper top line is just very low. The top strip has already been pushed as far back as possible to no avail. Currently idea is to shim the top strip to bring it up a bit. However, could this engagement lug thing as above from cj be causing the bumper to sit unnaturally low? Any ideas much appreciated!
[SOLD] 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe: Montego Blue, Cirrus Dash, Cruise Control, Nav, 18" CSL Reps, Eibach lowered, MM Tips, ZHP Gearknob, Sport Button mod, GROM BT3

Anakin

Post by Anakin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:49 pm

thank you very much :) very handy guide.
Monaco Blue Z4M Roadster & Solar Orange TT RS

LichMike

Post by LichMike » Sat May 01, 2021 8:49 pm

Another thankyou very much to the OP, a great guide. Having never tackled anything like this in the past, followed step by step to remove and replace the bumper to allow a change of headlight units today. Job done in around 3 hours.
2004 E85 2.5i SE Sterling Grey - weekend
2016 Mk7 GTD Carbon Steel Grey - daily

meh92

Post by meh92 » Fri May 14, 2021 12:42 am

What a great thread! I hit a critter last Fall and it wound up shattering all three front splash guards and cracking the lower grill on my '07 3.0si Roadster. A local body shop quoted me a great price on a respray if I brought the bumper cover to them. Using this thread, I was able to remover and then reinstall everything with no trouble at all. Detaching the fender ends from the clips was the hardest part. I cracked one but replacements, although expensive, are easily sourced. It's off to the body shop tomorrow for a buff out to complete the job.

Thanks again!
2007 Z4 3.0si Roadster, Manual Transmission & Sport Package

Panta Rhei

Post by Panta Rhei » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:17 pm

Few tips from me if you want perfect gaps (in accordance to TIS also). Only if you car is accident free in the first place 8)
It is also a great time to replace low/high horn or foglights or air ducts for the M. I suggest buying new clips and rivets.
Okay. here we go. If you want to avoid this 'wave' let's call it:

you HAVE TO make sure, that those bad boyz are propercly clipped onto fender (no movement whatsoever of anykind if you pull this bracket). They've got to catch inside of the fender firmly:

Gaps:

Chengy

Post by Chengy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:48 pm

Well, got round to doing mine today. Thanks to all who posted on this thread, was pretty straightforward. Wish I could say the same for the wing which I’m replacing too. Had to take an angle grinder to the wing to get to torx bolts which won’t budge, hopefully PlusGas does the trick! It came in handy for one stubborn engine bay bolt, would recommend having a can of PlusGas to hand for these 20 year old fixings.

Now need to get some side skirt clips ordered too as partial removal or skirt is needed to access bolts for wing removal.