Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How to: Identify genuine CSL's

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Re: How to: Identify genuine CSL's

Post by Darren Slone » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:56 am

Liam-O wrote:Theres a massive weight saving or the cash in your pocket. I plan on getting replicas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, genuine only come in 19" but you can get 18" and 19" replicas?

Not necessarily, if you are patient you can find genuine CSL's at the right money, mine needed a refurb which I was happy to do my self, for under £700 and I know of a forum member who got a set of minters too for a little more.

OEM's do only come in 19" too and they are lighter, but in all honesty I can't tell the difference with everyday driving, my thing was that I didn't want any made from monkey metal so as a result the extra was worth it for me. :driving:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

Rye

Post by Rye » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:12 pm

what offsets should we be looking out for? and do the genuine e46 csl's fit without any need for spacers etc and without any rubbing issues? is it just a case of bolt them on, job done?

E86 Z4MC in Black Sapphire Metalic
Spec: Red Imola Leather Seats - Logic 7 - Black Kidney Grilles - PDC - Stubby Aerial - AAS bespoke stainless cat-back system & X-pipe

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Rye wrote:what offsets should we be looking out for? and do the genuine e46 csl's fit without any need for spacers etc and without any rubbing issues? is it just a case of bolt them on, job done?
They fit straight on, ET27 for the rears and ET44 for the fronts although I have a 12mm spacer on the fronts :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA