Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Torque for rim bolts, 108 Alloy wheels??

FelixTheCat

Torque for rim bolts, 108 Alloy wheels??

Post by FelixTheCat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:00 pm

I aquired a spare front and rear wheel (off ebay) so I could get two of my original wheels refurbished and back to perfection in one go, a side a time (whilst keeping the car on the road....).

Done by Lepsons. All refurbished and looking great, but now I just need to know the torque setting on the 20 bolts for each wheel to fix the centres back on the rims.

I've looked through other postings and there are plenty about the corossion on 108s, refurbishing etc. but I can't find a definitive figure for the torque setting.

Cheers
3.0i SE Manual.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Torque for rim bolts, 108 Alloy wheels??

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:49 pm

There isn't a definitive figure published by BBS to my knowledge.

I've set mine at 30lb/ft and had no issues. I'm more concerned about over than under torquing them in alloy. As it happens I checked all 80 at the weekend and they were spot on, still they would be with Locktite on
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Mr Whippy

Re: Torque for rim bolts, 108 Alloy wheels??

Post by Mr Whippy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Nice work.

How much were Lepsons to do them, and any chance of some up-close pics?

They were highly recommended to me by KDS who operate just next door to them, and I know KDS pride themselves on good quality paintwork :)

Dave
04 3.0i, Titanium Silver, 107s, red m-sport interior