Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW DIS Software. Steering angle sensor & ABS module related issue.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
schumacherwannabe

Post by schumacherwannabe » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:59 am

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me. I've searched the forum already and tried a few solutions, but now need to ask for some help as I've reached a dead end :(

I've got a 2007 Z4 with the ABS light on. Now I know this is a common problem and there are loads of threads on this forum, and 3 series from the same year, but most people have issues with ABS sensors or the module.

My disagnosis so far:
Visually inspected the module and checked the plug.
Removed and cleaned all the abs sensors and tested the resistance then also the voltage when spinning the wheels - all fine.
Put a proper code reader on the car - typical issues everyones facing, the hydraluic motor and pump 5f01 i think was the code. BUT... I also have the steering angle sensor as a problem. Having a look at the wiring diagram, I can see the steering angle sensor is an input into the module, so if you've had wheel alignment done, this may need recalibrated.

Since my MOT has run out and I have these annoying light on... I was wondering if anyone can help me recalibrate the steering angle sensor, I think this will erradicate all the issues. From forum searches, I've learnt I need DIS software, and I need to effectively recalibrate where the centre point is for the steering.
Can anyone help? The instructions for installing diagnostic software on my laptop seems beyond me. Does anyone on the forum have one they'd lend me or anyone live near buckinghamshire?

Thanks in advance! All this sunny weather and my cars stuck on the drive for the foreseable future :(

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 pm

i do pass by the area most months and can drop in with laptop as i have DIS, it would be during the week and day time if that any help.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

schumacherwannabe

Post by schumacherwannabe » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Thank you I've send a PM :)