Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Issues with Center Storage, Glove Box, and Alarm

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Sneux

Post by Sneux » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 am

Hi everyone!

A few years ago I bought my first car, an ‘08 Z4 3.0i I fell in love with. They say love is blind and boy was I; I’ve found over the years several things I now know better to check on my next purchase.

My problems currently are with my center storage and glove box. Both of these items do NOT lock when the top is down and the remote is used to lock the car. I kind of broke a small plastic retention clip that holds the center storage trim in place and decided it would be best to post here before going any further! I’ve also noticed a red blinking light on my autodim mirror when the car is locked but no alarm goes off. Is it possible I don’t have an anti-theft package?

Thanks for the help everyone!

P.S. I searched for the locking issue on Google and could only find complaints regarding the glovebox NOT unlocking. Not the reverse.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:52 am

If you are in the uk then yes you have an alarm.The glovebox will only lock if you lock it with the key. Depending what you broke on the centre lock storage flap might explain also why that doesn’t lock.

How did you try and test the alarm. If it was waving your arm in the car, you will find you have to lower your arm into the car a fair distance to get it to go off.

Sneux

Post by Sneux » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Sorry, I should have mentioned I’m in the US! My glove box does not have a hole for a key and the center storage did not lock before the very tiny retention clip (a few mm sticking out of the top left hand corner keeping it down) broke off. Everything else like the trunk and center console buttons are disabled though. I will double check on that alarm!