Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear console door fail

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Rodintampa

Rear console door fail

Post by Rodintampa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:59 am

Im having a rough time trying to get my rear console door out. I followed some directions that I found on another site---however there was no mention of two tiny screws that held the door in place. After some tugging, and pulling one side of the door came loose. Im not sure if I broke the door, but I did not try to work with the other side lol. There was a little plastic piece that came out with the door, and of course I dropped it down the black hole between the two consoles. Does anyone know if I can order this small part? not sure if I will need to order another door or purchase this small piece. Im going to include a couple of pics :). Thanks for any help u guys can offer. First time poster sorry for the large pics.
Attachments
IMG_5812.JPG
IMG_5812.JPG (130.87 KiB) Viewed 455 times
IMG_5810.JPG
IMG_5810.JPG (143.11 KiB) Viewed 455 times

srhutch

Rear console door fail

Post by srhutch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 am

Check on www.realoem.com to see if that small part (the one the screw goes through) is available. I would be surprised if not.

Crazy Harry

Rear console door fail

Post by Crazy Harry » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:41 am

Hi and welcome.
I know its a bit late now but I'm sure that there is a 'how to' for doing this - try the search function or the 'how to' thread although normally a member who has done this will be along sooner than you think! Might help you get the other side out and understand what's stopping it coming out.

Rodintampa

Rear console door fail

Post by Rodintampa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Ok so after hours of research I finally found the part that I needed to put my console door, flap, cover whatever you want to call it back together-----I hope anyone else who has been searching for this monster finds this post useful..
Thanks guys
Genuine BMW Cover Left - 51467121713 - E85