Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

squeak squeak

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Rusky

squeak squeak

Post by Rusky » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:32 pm

So what have you guys done to reduce the squeaking from the roof? As i drive all the time with the roof down i am getting alot of squeaking coming from behind my left shoulder. Interested in your solutions ta :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

squeak squeak

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Rusky wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:32 pm So what have you guys done to reduce the squeaking from the roof? As i drive all the time with the roof down i am getting alot of squeaking coming from behind my left shoulder. Interested in your solutions ta :thumbsup:
You sure it's the roof Russ? Mine's pretty much silent.

Went out with bz4_kev in his whilst down at Zedfest, prob the only time I've ever been in it with the roof up and noticed a horrendous squeak. Kev said it had been like that since purchase and he couldn't track it down.. 10 seconds later I had identified it as the two halves of the passenger roll over hoop cover rubbing against each other. It didn't feel loose, but was "shuffling" about whilst driving.

Mike

philbo909

squeak squeak

Post by philbo909 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:41 pm

My old roadster used to squeak and I thought it was in the roll hoop, but closer inspection it was in the pram top frame, never fixed it
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young