Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hardtop rattle

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Hardtop rattle

Post by lacroupade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 pm

I haven't managed to get it off yet to investigate as my Little Helper is swanning around in warmer climes til next week, but my hardtop seems to have developed a bit of an odd noise....when I go over a bump theres a clonking noise from inside....just behind and slightly above the right hand securing point. With the small cover removed theres the usual Webasto label stuck on a bit of metal boxing and its about 3-4 inches behind this....you can even 'feel' the clonking if you put your hand on the roof.

Its well away from the securing point itself (which I've checked anyway) and the hardtop itself seems to be firmly affixed with no movement whatsoever, but I can't think for the life of me what might be loose behind there - its definitely internal....any ideas? :(
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Hardtop rattle

Post by Taz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:24 pm

you don't get this on the coupe :P

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Hardtop rattle

Post by lacroupade » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Taz x wrote:you don't get this on the coupe :P
You can always tell a coupe owner - they look like this when they are out of their cars.... :rofl:

==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?