Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Xenon self leveling problem.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
D6GMB

Re: Xenon self leveling problem.

Post by D6GMB » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Going to make a few phone calls tomorrow and see what quotes i get for the parts.Real oem comes in at roughly £50 each so a bit of a difference.No i didnt get the old parts back.Where did you get the £94.50 from,i tried searching for this part on the internet and couldnt find it.Do you think they have marked the price down to save them going to the warranty company for a small amount?.I was told that they would be charging £60 +vat to diagnose the fault but this does not appear on my invoice which would have made the bill a bit over my excess.
2007 BMW Z4M INTERLAGOS BLUE(long gone).
2021 BMW X3M40d Individual Tanzanite blue.
2014 Ford Transit Connect Race red.

D6GMB

Post by D6GMB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:23 pm

The saga continues :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbsdown: .Washed and dried the car this afternoon and when putiing it back in the garage thought i would just check the lights.Drivers side ok passenger side not cycling at all.Car now back at the dealers for a fourth visit.
I really wonder how hard can it be to fix things nowadays?.
I still have my nice face on but i am starting to lose a bit of patience and may have to break out the angry head directly.

gookah

Post by gookah » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:31 pm

sounds like a sensor and they have chosen to replace motors as these will meet/exceed your excess amount,
Now they change the sensor and all will be fine, They probably knew all the time.

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 pm

think I have a related issue - related in that my self levelers do move on both side - but dont seam right...

my lights are definitly shining too high and this is a recent thing

when i turn the lights of and on the cycle is UP then DOWN and then the motors like stumble like they are trying to move more but they are jammed.
exactly the same each and every time i have done it

ive booked it into the stealers for thursday to get looked at under warranty but wanted to check on here first to ensure BMW investigate the right issue and dont try and fob me off...

any thought on my related issue?
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:32 am

OK - so after leaving the car overnight and driving again this mornig the problem is still there. My lights cycle up and down and then seam to want to move more but sound like they are jammed.

100% shining too high as lots of drivers were dipping their rear view mirror this morning and when i put my high beam on its hardly noticable....

any thought before i let the dealers loose?
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

D6GMB

Post by D6GMB » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 am

Dont really have any suggestions sorry.Do you have a warranty?

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:43 am

D6GMB wrote:Dont really have any suggestions sorry.Do you have a warranty?

Yea and its going in on thursday. I just like to get my story stright before going in as experience proves to me that if/when BMW cannot isolate the issue, they may come back and say its not a warranty issue or try and say its somethings else. In the end I generally prove them wrong, but i dont like the time wasting involved.......

the collective wisdom on this forum has helped me many a time!

D6GMB

Post by D6GMB » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:14 am

Dont have ANY faith in the local dealer but the only alternative is a 60 mile round trip and makes me wonder if they would be any better.I have the BMW insured warranty so they can jog on and get it fixed and will keep taking the car back till they do.Makes you kind of worried if you went in with something major wrong doesnt it. :roll: :roll: .Good luck for Thursday.
Couldnt agree more about the helpfullness of the forum imho it is second to none :D :D :thumbsup:

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am

D6GMB wrote:Dont have ANY faith in the local dealer but the only alternative is a 60 mile round trip and makes me wonder if they would be any better.I have the BMW insured warranty so they can jog on and get it fixed and will keep taking the car back till they do.Makes you kind of worried if you went in with something major wrong doesnt it. :roll: :roll: .Good luck for Thursday.
Couldnt agree more about the helpfullness of the forum imho it is second to none :D :D :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Weelawser

Post by Weelawser » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:04 pm

Folks,
Stupid question...probably but is there only one levelling sensor on the z4 ? My sensor arm has snapped and i can only find one on the offside front ?

Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:20 pm

yes, pretty sure last time I looked underneath mine when it was up on a ramp that there is only one levelling sensor on the Z4 underneath the offside front
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:30 pm

No - there are 2. Front and rear on opposite diagonal sides
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Beat me to it,Phil,lol.

Nice one....thread resurrection from 2012 and Graham/D6gmb who stays not too far from me.
Thought for a minute he was posting again,lol.

Hope you get your problems sorted,Weelawser :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:14 am

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:30 pm No - there are 2. Front and rear on opposite diagonal sides
Ah ... you learn something new everyday! :thumbsup:
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

Weelawser

Post by Weelawser » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:59 pm

Thanks Guys, much appreciated :thumbsup: