Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Having problems pairing my phone over bluetooth. Any advice?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
85genius

Post by 85genius » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:06 am

So many topics about this so didn't know which to post on....

But tried for 2 minutes using the manual using step by step on here not working, suddenly had a brainwave ejected the nokia holder thingy tried again and it worked first time, paired the phone and copied across contacts.... I'm happy now!
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

z4all

Post by z4all » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:54 pm

It pairs for a second and then disconnects...anyone had this?!

TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:18 am

z4all wrote:It pairs for a second and then disconnects...anyone had this?!
Yes, is yours android? I believe this is a problem with the Bluetooth stack in the latest builds of Android. I've looked into it and it seems the phone needs to be rooted and then hacked a bit.
My Mrs iPhone pairs fine.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

z4all

Post by z4all » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:24 am

iPhone 5s mate...

Kiddo

Post by Kiddo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:46 am

I had this problem last week trying to pair my iPhone 6S for the first time. I was getting "pairing successful" on the screen then i was losing it again and it would do what you said - pairing for about a second then losing it. I got around it by unpairing the phone (basically starting again from scratch) and working through the pairing process, then after putting in the blutooth code and pairing successful coming up, turn off the ignition instantly before it has time to lose the pairing. This worked consistantly and copied the contacts over.
'03 3.0i Manual E85 in Sterling Grey - Sat Nav, TV, Aux, CD Changer, Bluetooth, Heated Leather Memory Seats, Cruise Control.

Ditchcruiser

Post by Ditchcruiser » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Just picked up 08 20lt no paperwork at all can't find the Bluetooth modal for code and can't get to ask for code only get call and send and galaxy note 3 won't find the car any help appreciated guys
Thanks

MT94

Post by MT94 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Ditchcruiser wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm Just picked up 08 20lt no paperwork at all can't find the Bluetooth modal for code and can't get to ask for code only get call and send and galaxy note 3 won't find the car any help appreciated guys
Thanks
Hi there if you are looking for the code for the pairing between the car and the phone then it will be in the boot there is a stepped out section of the back of the boot as you look in mines on the left hand side of the car behind where the passenger seat is, if you pull back the carpet there should be metal box behind there and on top of it is the sticker with the Bluetooth passcode on it. Hope this helped.
Matt
My car is a bit older than yours so it may differ just thought id post what I know. [/quote]
2004 E85 Z4 2.2i Titan Silver

mfrancis

Post by mfrancis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:17 pm

I've tried many times to pair 2 different iPhone 5's to mine.
I get into pairing mode, display says 'searching.....' but doesn't see either phone and phones don't see car.
Obviously phones are set as visible on Bluetooth!
Any help welcome.

Ditchcruiser

Post by Ditchcruiser » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 am

Ok guys looked on the boot no bluetooth modual on the bulkhead. Its an 08 exclusive buisness radio with all the functions on steering wheel .push the rt and fisplay brings up phone on the radio display . bluetooth not fitted hiden elswear ?
Can i fit the modual or is the loom not fitted ?
Thanks
Dave

Ditchcruiser

Post by Ditchcruiser » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:42 am

Ok guys looked in the boot no bluetooth modual on the bulkhead. Its an 08 exclusive buisness radio with all the functions on steering wheel .push the rt and display brings up phone on the radio display . bluetooth not fitted hidden elswear ?
Can i fit the modual or is the loom not fitted ?
Thanks
Dave