Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag light on - Have you been affected? (UK)

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Yorkie Z

Post by Yorkie Z » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:51 pm

rpc_25 wrote:
Yorkie Z wrote:
rpc_25 wrote:Sorry, I meant that I tried the seat occupancy bypass was introduced. It didn't work.
The car is a 2005 2.5i SE.
I got one of theses, cleared the fault after I found the option in the menus.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161820815636
Was that cleared using INPA or an independent garage?
I just bought the code reader off eBay and cleared the error code then the light went out. All the bits you need are all in the link above.
A Dirty M///

rpc_25

Post by rpc_25 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Yorkie Z wrote:
rpc_25 wrote:
Yorkie Z wrote:
I got one of theses, cleared the fault after I found the option in the menus.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161820815636
Was that cleared using INPA or an independent garage?
I just bought the code reader off eBay and cleared the error code then the light went out. All the bits you need are all in the link above.

Thanks, it's got to be worth one last go.

rpc_25

Post by rpc_25 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Cleared it and then back on again within the hour.
It says satellite b-pillar left then seat-occupancy detector, passenger communication fault.

rpc_25

Post by rpc_25 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:48 pm

z4k

Post by z4k » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Add me to the list...

Z4 3.0i SE 2003

Airbag light came on a couple of days after driving my new (to me!) zed off the forecourt...

It had just got a clean MOT but put it in with a stealer for a once-over... Broken rear coil spring and both front lower arm back mounting bushes worn to pieces... So much for that MOT...

Got these fixed at my local indy (Mark Purcell: simply amazing; highly recommended!) and asked them to investigate the airbag light. 10v read at both SBSL/SBSR indicating a short to B+ (should be 5v across each), but they managed to reset the light and it's remained off. Advised that it may require extensive diagnosis to pinpoint the exact fault if it comes back on.

It recently had a new roof motor, so I'm wondering if water from the motor bay could have caused corrosion to a cable supplying SBSL. Can't see any water damage inside the cabin though... :headbang:
2003 3.0i SE Z4 with M sport suspension
Mods: cruise control

saseinlinie

Post by saseinlinie » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Me also, 2006 Z4 3.0si, caused by passenger occupancy mat, see attached diagnosis, my tech guy will fit an emulator and disable the seat-belt warnings.
Attachments
sensor.JPG
sensor.JPG (51.33 KiB) Viewed 884 times

saseinlinie

Post by saseinlinie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:17 pm

The error I posted above is proving very difficult to fix, my technician is saying there is some "connection box" between the car and the occupancy detection mat, that on my car is missing, anyone have any idea what he is talking about ?

Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:13 pm

I have had a fair few problems with airbag warning lights. They have randomly come on on three occasions in 7 months. Each time a different code/failure each time an intermittent problem. Each time I clear and they go away. Descriptions received so far are:
  • undervoltage
  • RH door B post electronic module fault
  • Drivers pre-tensioner
When I had the under voltage error, I was suspicious of the ground integrity, but I checked it and it was fine. Given I have had three different faults pointing to different system components I am suspicious that it is either the connector to the SRS ECU or a problem with the ECU itself. The car itself is low mileage 30k.
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.