Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

"Reduction in price to move hood motor into boot"

Discount codes and service & product offerings from forum members
olsonn

Post by olsonn » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 pm

Could be just as simple as where you park your car, under a tree in Autumn, maybe you live near the sea with a lot of sand in the air ?? basically if something can block your drains it appears that it will do. Having your car garaged and only using it in summer will give you a lot better protection from blocked drains, but if your car is left out in all weathers it seems more likely that you will end up at Durham Dave's or somewhere else the work can be carried out. I had mine done by Dave and it was in quite a state. I hadn't noticed any with its operation, just seemed like a sensible preventable measure

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:41 am

Mine was pristine, but was replaced 3 years ago. Since then I've meticulously kept the drains clear, parked in a garage, used the hardtop in winter and had it garaged for 2 of the winters. So no real surprise that it was pristine when relocated :D
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

DMC63

Post by DMC63 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:18 am

MACK wrote:When you guys have had the motor relocated, does it sound different in operation?
Louder, quieter, different pitch or is it just the same?
thanks
Bowser134 done mine. It sounds quieter if your stood outside the car. And slightly quieter inside the car. Bowser is a BMW technician and worked for the company for many years. He was very meticulous about setting the motor in its new location and securing it in place as well as providing a panel in the matching boot lining fabric to cover it so you wouldn't know it was there.
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

PeterZed

Post by PeterZed » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Just had had my motor relocated . Excellent job done quickly and well...Thanks lads. Also saw my motor was in excellent condition too .That's a relief it's done now. At The 68 cafe for a celebration coffee n cake before top down run home
Also thanks cherrym for setting this up:)
'05 Sterling Grey manual 3.0, boot spoiler , mud flaps , wind deflector,elec memory seats,bluetooth
,satnav, computer,multi function wheel,folding mirrors.matt black rad grills MV3 wheels , and yes cup holders :-))

Marco

Post by Marco » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi,

Is there anyone down South that will do the roof motor repair/relocation? I am in the Fleet, Hampshire area...

Thanks,
Marco

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:01 pm

User browser is near you, an I think number 5 near Bristol as well, will try find links
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Post by sticky » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Marco wrote:Hi,

Is there anyone down South that will do the roof motor repair/relocation? I am in the Fleet, Hampshire area...

Thanks,
Marco
Ross, in hook

cherrym

Post by cherrym » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:04 pm

N0.5 has put contacts for areas lower down page on 11th dec.
[*]Sold,Silver grey 2007 2.5si Sport convertible.previous 03 2.7boxter,2.0 MX5,Golf R,2.9Boxster,golf gti,Now Z4 e23i and M135i

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:06 pm

3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

step_change

Post by step_change » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:15 pm

Hey guys,
Can Durham Dave do a MoT and a service as well as moving the motor? I can ask him of course but just wondered if anyone knew? If I am driving up from Sheffield he might as well do the service and MoT that is due.

Jon
Gone :( : 2013 35is, Melbourne Red, DCT, Nav, Comfort pack
Gone: 2007 2.5is, Montego Blue, Auto, Nav

Stuartt

Post by Stuartt » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:20 pm

It didn't look like he had the MOT facilities at his place when I was there but he may have someone local he uses, as to the service I would of thought he would be more than happy. But I'd give him a call he is very easy to get along with :thumbsup:

Stuart
2004 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:
2010 e89 35i Sdrive M sport. GONE for salvage :cry: but has been reborn

2014 e89 35is M-Sport Design Pure Traction 😈😈😈

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Probably do a service but not a mot on site,

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:29 pm

step_change wrote:Hey guys,
Can Durham Dave do a MoT and a service as well as moving the motor? I can ask him of course but just wondered if anyone knew? If I am driving up from Sheffield he might as well do the service and MoT that is due.

Jon
I dare say he'd bake you a nice victoria sponge if you asked him politely enough!
He and son Cory are both very accommodating! :lol:
They relocated my roof motor at their home garage but I understand he has a bigger garage down the road...maybe with correct facilities. give im a bell like!
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

cherrym

Post by cherrym » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:59 pm

Dave can do your service and organise your mot as well as stamp your service book for you.His son Corey is now a fully qualified MOT tester at a local garage.
Most of my friends get their services done by Dave as he does such a good job at a very good rate.Give him a ring 07864860960.
[*]Sold,Silver grey 2007 2.5si Sport convertible.previous 03 2.7boxter,2.0 MX5,Golf R,2.9Boxster,golf gti,Now Z4 e23i and M135i

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:04 pm

cherrym wrote:Dave can do your service and organise your mot as well as stamp your service book for you.His son Corey is now a fully qualified MOT tester at a local garage.
Most of my friends get their services done by Dave as he does such a good job at a very good rate.Give him a ring 07864860960.
Haway cherry mate, hows tricks?
Just noticed ur post count, lol.112 in 2 years? Quality, not quantity eh? :thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.