Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WING MIRROR PART

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
z4man101

WING MIRROR PART

Post by z4man101 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:49 pm

BMW z4 07 2.0l black lovely little car but underpowered. 3 owners I've had now for 3 years and I always wave to other owners .. sometimes they don't wave back and that really grinds my gears :P

Details & a little story
So the other day I was driving along on the correct side of the road when this Audi A4 decided it wanted to drive in the middle of the road .. he/she clipped my wing sent My mirror and its backing plate flying into the hedge luckily the Unit snapped back and up into the retracted Position and is only got minor scuff damage. The part that broke is the front plate to the rotation gear mech that inturn you attatch your new mirror plate too. 8 days later after looking 3 or 4 times for my mirror I finally found it and actually was still in working order and not at all scuffed. The part I NEED : I have a picture below If anyone knows this particular parts Number or can give me an idea where I might find it please that would be helpful .. I have the part but the plastic connectors are all snapped
WIN_20161231_163650.JPG
WIN_20161231_163650.JPG (35.02 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Also My car Is sometimes starting and not starting .. I go to turn the key and then all I get is a click from the engine bay started right after my mirror got knocked off so I just assumed it was related to the mirror wires maybe shorting but I am not convinced of this. anyone please link me to topics on that issue too ?? :D

WING MIRROR PART

Post by sticky » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:17 pm

Is there no numbers on the part ??

synthedup

WING MIRROR PART

Post by synthedup » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:34 pm

z4man101 wrote:BMW z4 07 2.0l black lovely little car but underpowered. 3 owners I've had now for 3 years and I always wave to other owners .. sometimes they don't wave back and that really grinds my gears :P

Details & a little story
So the other day I was driving along on the correct side of the road when this Audi A4 decided it wanted to drive in the middle of the road .. he/she clipped my wing sent My mirror and its backing plate flying into the hedge luckily the Unit snapped back and up into the retracted Position and is only got minor scuff damage. The part that broke is the front plate to the rotation gear mech that inturn you attatch your new mirror plate too. 8 days later after looking 3 or 4 times for my mirror I finally found it and actually was still in working order and not at all scuffed. The part I NEED : I have a picture below If anyone knows this particular parts Number or can give me an idea where I might find it please that would be helpful .. I have the part but the plastic connectors are all snapped
WIN_20161231_163650.JPG

Also My car Is sometimes starting and not starting .. I go to turn the key and then all I get is a click from the engine bay started right after my mirror got knocked off so I just assumed it was related to the mirror wires maybe shorting but I am not convinced of this. anyone please link me to topics on that issue too ?? :D

99% sure I have one in the garage, will have a look tomorrow and let you know.