Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof wont go down..

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Roof wont go down..

Post by markplant » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:11 pm

It's a add in , goes under ashtray an roof switch buttons , comes with horrid connectors but most people solder them in
http://gap-tech.co.uk/rchp.html
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Daveyzz

Roof wont go down..

Post by Daveyzz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:43 am

Thank you for all for posts and offers of assistance .. tackled issue yesterday by removing roof - not a bad task to do just over an hour remove it. Normal story motor seized... dryed the unit out, sprayed lube spray to free it .. bench tested motor in both direction for 1/2 hour .. seems good for refit..
Attachments
IMG_3337.JPG
IMG_3337.JPG (94.76 KiB) Viewed 343 times

sw4nny

Roof wont go down..

Post by sw4nny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:45 am

Great work,it did not come across in your first post that you had the technical ability to do this yourself.
You make it sound a doddle ,I know its not.
Now get it in the boot before it gets submerged again :thumbsup:
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

Daveyzz

Roof wont go down..

Post by Daveyzz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:57 am

First BMW so don't know much on how things are done / located however have good engineering background plus the information / help on here is great and well prep'd before I started it . I think the key is to ensure you release the u hoop clips at the rear leaving 2 of 4 torx lose on the side mounts just prior to lift. I bet trying to release them with roof loose would cause issue.