Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Rufus59

Post by Rufus59 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Last edited by Rufus59 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E85 3.0l i Roadster - Titan Silver

NickDE

Tilt sensor - cost/replacement?

Post by NickDE » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:56 pm

You can disable it in the coding.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:56 am

Marc-j wrote:Hi all,

Alarm issue is looking like it's the tilt sensor as module is holding 31 errors related to it.

My question is, has anyone ever replaced this themselves and if so is it possible without any coding? How much was the module?
Are you sure it's a faulty tilt sensor and now just the sensor doing its job because the steering wheel has been left off center whilst it wheel alignment done recently?

I had some similar errors come up on my e91 and in the end it was because I had hunter alignment done but the sterling wheel was off center. When I drove off it kicked out an error which was "SE40 Steering-angle sensor: plausibility". This was the fault of the garage, so I first had to get the alignment redone with the steering wheel dead straight and then they reset the steering-angle sensor which in turn prevented the code from triggering.
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:58 am

Disabled the tilt sensor on mine using Carly, due to buses trundling past my house. Theyre quiet enough but obviously producing vibrations the zed didnt like so would set off the alarm. Now not a problem.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Rufus59

Post by Rufus59 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:37 am

Last edited by Rufus59 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:13 am

Marc-j wrote:Hi all

Thanks for the help so far. If it is a cheap fix I will spend the cash and get it done I think. But if we're looking >£200 I will be looking into disabling it!

What are my options for that? Can I just disconnect it or is coding my only option? I have SSS on my laptop, haven't tried using it yet though.

@jamiez so correcting the steering angle stopped the alarm being triggered by the tilt sensor? I will mention that to the garage if so, wouldn't have even thought that was linked!
Jamie is talking about the steering angle sensor. Two different things.

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:02 pm

srhutch wrote:
Marc-j wrote:Hi all

Thanks for the help so far. If it is a cheap fix I will spend the cash and get it done I think. But if we're looking >£200 I will be looking into disabling it!

What are my options for that? Can I just disconnect it or is coding my only option? I have SSS on my laptop, haven't tried using it yet though.

@jamiez so correcting the steering angle stopped the alarm being triggered by the tilt sensor? I will mention that to the garage if so, wouldn't have even thought that was linked!
Jamie is talking about the steering angle sensor. Two different things.
Good catch ! Thanks Steve :)
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

Rufus59

Post by Rufus59 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:58 pm