Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What on earth has happened here - light issues

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
jamiez

Post by jamiez » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:39 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:
JoshW wrote:Update guys:

The dealer has contacted Quarry Motors in Sheffield who have stated that it will be £345 per side plus £300 install, so over £1000 in total. Dealer has stated it isn't viable so it is going back for a refund.

Absolutely and utterly gutted, back on for the Z4 Coupe hunt I guess :? :cry:
Considering he's using second hand parts £1k is a cheap fix compared with new parts.

Gutting, but I guess lesson learnt, good approach by dealer and the best solution for you
Agreed and the dealer will just fix the existing light issue and re-advertise but without stating xenons
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:23 am

jamiez wrote:
cj10jeeper wrote:
JoshW wrote:Update guys:

The dealer has contacted Quarry Motors in Sheffield who have stated that it will be £345 per side plus £300 install, so over £1000 in total. Dealer has stated it isn't viable so it is going back for a refund.

Absolutely and utterly gutted, back on for the Z4 Coupe hunt I guess :? :cry:
Considering he's using second hand parts £1k is a cheap fix compared with new parts.

Gutting, but I guess lesson learnt, good approach by dealer and the best solution for you
Agreed and the dealer will just fix the existing light issue and re-advertise but without stating xenons

Most probably, maybe not even tidy up the wiring. I certainly wouldn't buy it knowing the state of that wiring. I found out from the last owner that he replaced them due to the classic condensation in the headlights - why an earth he didn't just buy new ballasts and fix the condensation issue I'm not sure. Seemed to have run it on a budget, the all round Accelera budget tyres certainly don't inspire any confidence.