Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fitting Facelift heater controls on a pre-facelift.

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Purchased some Facelift heater controls and air vents to brighten up the interior with a bit of chrome. I'm not usually a lover of chrome stuff, but I feel the Z4 interior is very dull with black seats, doorcards and plenty of other dark bits.

Fitted them 'as-is' firstly and when plugged in, they wouldn't function correctly. The heated screen lights wouldn't come on.

I then used my pre-facelift back and circuit board with the Facelift front (the bit with the dials) and everything lit up perfectly. So I thought that was the end of that.

It wasn't until I took it for a drive that I realised I wasn't getting any hot air through the air vents (the centre and side ones). It was fine before I fitted the part new/part old controls.

I then used the 'hurricane' setting which blows air onto the windscreen and hot air came out from there.

So I'm not really sure what's going on. I can only assume something isn't compatible between the 2 units.

Has anyone else fitted Facelift heater controls to a pre-facelift and overcame these issue's?

Apologies for the poor photo, but it explains what I'm talking about, incase there was any doubt.

Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:14 am

yes fitted facelift in a pre-facelift car. you need to swap the casing over so you use the pre-facelift circuit board in the facelift covers.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:40 pm

mac27040 wrote:yes fitted facelift in a pre-facelift car. you need to swap the casing over so you use the pre-facelift circuit board in the facelift covers.
Cheers, will give that a try.

I used the Facelift front casing with the pre facelift rear casing and circuit board, so that's maybe where I went wrong.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:41 pm

yes i use facelift front case and pre-facelight circuit board and back case, you night have triggered the car to go into transport mode. Need to check with diagnostic software.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics