Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Carpet Removal

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Djtuffer

Carpet Removal

Post by Djtuffer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Guys,

Can anyone help me with advice on removing the carpet from the left side of the boot on my roadster? I have removed all the obvious fastenings but it still seems to be held in place at the top of the suspension tower. Something has been spilt on it and it stinks. I need to get it out to properly clean it.

Cheers

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Carpet Removal

Post by Number5 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:54 pm

1. Remove the parcel shelf by popping out the four clips at the hinges and then manouvure it out
2. Remove the torx screw on rear the end of the parcel shelf hinge , plus the bolt holding the hinge bracket to the back of the boot wall (seat backs) at the other end,
3. Reach up over the plastic tray inside the wing ( i.e. under aerial if on the left) and you will find one pop stud. Pull that upwards with a pliers until the core comes out, and then remove the stud itself.
4, Wriggle out the whole hinge/bracket unit
That should free up everything that is holding/pinching the side carpet down.

This is a 10 minute job, but the hardest part will be popping the Parcel shelf clips back in. Sometimes you need someone in the car being guided by someone watching in the boot ! (This is all just a small part of the process involved in relocating the roof motors).

Good luck !
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Carpet Removal

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Number5 wrote:1. Remove the parcel shelf by popping out the four clips at the hinges and then manouvure it out
2. Remove the torx screw on rear the end of the parcel shelf hinge , plus the bolt holding the hinge bracket to the back of the boot wall (seat backs) at the other end,
3. Reach up over the plastic tray inside the wing ( i.e. under aerial if on the left) and you will find one pop stud. Pull that upwards with a pliers until the core comes out, and then remove the stud itself.
4, Wriggle out the whole hinge/bracket unit
That should free up everything that is holding/pinching the side carpet down.

This is a 10 minute job, but the hardest part will be popping the Parcel shelf clips back in. Sometimes you need someone in the car being guided by someone watching in the boot ! (This is all just a small part of the process involved in relocating the roof motors).

Good luck !
As above.

Easiest way I've found to get those bloody parcel shelf clips back in is;

Rearmost two (nearest to back of car) - You can reach in between the gap at the top of the parcel shelf between it and the roof, do this BEFORE you clip the fabric back to the edge of the shelf obviously.

Front two - Easiest way I've found is, roof up, wind deflector removed, and you can reach through between the seats where the wind deflector would normally be, ie between the hoops.

Mike

Djtuffer

Carpet Removal

Post by Djtuffer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks guys, will give it a go.

reyan19

Carpet Removal

Post by reyan19 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:54 am

Hey,

Please, give me some tips about carpet removal???

Thanks in advance.