Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Intravee not connecting to iPod

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
BradleyB

Post by BradleyB » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi guys

Was given an intravee for Christmas but have only just got around to fitting it. It seems to all be done correctly however when I flick through the 'mode' options on the head unit (with nav) it states that there's no iPod connected and therefore won't charge the iPod that's plugged in or play songs.

Any ideas? Apologies if this has already been covered before. I've searched but haven't managed to find an answer.
'56 ///MR

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Do you know if it came out of a zed, as I'm sure there's different settings, also have you got latest firmware
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

bladeowner

Post by bladeowner » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:11 pm

BradleyB wrote:Hi guys

Was given an intravee for Christmas but have only just got around to fitting it. It seems to all be done correctly however when I flick through the 'mode' options on the head unit (with nav) it states that there's no iPod connected and therefore won't charge the iPod that's plugged in or play songs.

Any ideas? Apologies if this has already been covered before. I've searched but haven't managed to find an answer.
You have got the Alpine KCA-420i box and associated cables as well haven't you?
2004 Sapphire Black 2.5 SE Z4 SMG

BradleyB

Post by BradleyB » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:34 pm

bladeowner wrote:

Of course! Should have made that clear sorry. It's set up to E46/Z4 mode and is the up to date version.
'56 ///MR

bladeowner

Post by bladeowner » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:44 pm

BradleyB wrote:
bladeowner wrote:

Of course! Should have made that clear sorry. It's set up to E46/Z4 mode and is the up to date version.
Just checking :) :thumbsup: Don't know then... although..

If the ipod is not awake the system won't see it. There is a mod to the Alpine box to get round this. details here: http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/75564-kca ... ke-up-mod/

BradleyB

Post by BradleyB » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:09 pm

bladeowner wrote:
BradleyB wrote:
bladeowner wrote:

If the ipod is not awake the system won't see it. There is a mod to the Alpine box to get round this. details here: <a class="vglnk" href="http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/75564-kca ... ke-up-mod/" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>forum</span><span>.</span><span>bmw5</span><span>.</span><span>co</span><span>.</span><span>uk</span><span>/</span><span>topic</span><span>/</span><span>75564</span><span>-</span><span>kca</span><span>-</span><span>420i</span><span>-</span><span>wake</span><span>-</span><span>up</span><span>-</span><span>mod</span><span>/</span></a>
Thanks I'll take a look!
'56 ///MR

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:30 pm

bladeowner wrote:
BradleyB wrote:
bladeowner wrote:

If the ipod is not awake the system won't see it. There is a mod to the Alpine box to get round this. details here: http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/75564-kca ... ke-up-mod/
There are two mods you can do to the alpine unit. I did the single wire mod and never had a problem since. iPod always wakes up now.

If the iPod is awake though this won't be your immediate issue.

What iPod are you using?

biojo

Post by biojo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 pm

if its not waking on certain ipods you can just set a silent alarm ever 12 hours then the ipod never goes into its deep sleep so will wake.

BradleyB

Post by BradleyB » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:53 am

The iPod is awake and it's a first gen iPod mini. I've also tried my iPhone 7 but that's not connecting either :thumbsdown:
'56 ///MR

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:14 pm

biojo wrote:if its not waking on certain ipods you can just set a silent alarm ever 12 hours then the ipod never goes into its deep sleep so will wake.
I tried that first but it's didn't work. Long time ago, so might have been because I don't use daily and so the iPod went flat over time.

Sounds like the OP's issue is nothing to do with this though.

biojo

Post by biojo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:22 pm

srhutch wrote:
biojo wrote:if its not waking on certain ipods you can just set a silent alarm ever 12 hours then the ipod never goes into its deep sleep so will wake.
I tried that first but it's didn't work. Long time ago, so might have been because I don't use daily and so the iPod went flat over time.

Only works with certain generation ipods, i've gone on holiday for 2 weeks and its still been working on return :P and mines a ipod video from 2005 still on original battery and hard drive :|

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:31 pm

biojo wrote:
srhutch wrote:

Only works with certain generation ipods, i've gone on holiday for 2 weeks and its still been working on return :P and mines a ipod video from 2005 still on original battery and hard drive :|
Sounds about the same vintage as mine. 5th gen 80gb from around that period iirc.

biojo

Post by biojo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:31 pm

srhutch wrote:
biojo wrote:
srhutch wrote:

Sounds about the same vintage as mine. 5th gen 80gb from around that period iirc.
Ye mines same but the poorpa 30gb version, tbh its never left my cars lol, Always been in a glove box except when ive been updating it :P its done well for a Apple product

bladeowner

Post by bladeowner » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Mine's a 30GB one too and just lives in the car. Last year I changed the battery in it as it wouldn't hold charge for more than a day or so and always defaulted to the AC/DC :o It's fine again now.

biojo

Post by biojo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:47 am

ye i was looking into changing mine, but was going to change to a sd/ssd as well when the hard drive eventually fails, the screen also has 2 lines but as i never use it that seems pointless changing