Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wing mirror glass...gone!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
RickZ4

Post by RickZ4 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:39 pm

My non-auto dimming driver's door started vibrating first. Very obvious if you look in it when driving. Pulling it out and then pressing it back into it's mounting cured it.
07 2.5i Sport Auto

JimBob78

Post by JimBob78 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 pm

Response from BMW, as expected...

Good afternoon James

Thanks for your details.

All new BMW cars come with a three-year warranty that covers the cost of repairing any manufacturing faults. This is usually more than enough time for these to come to light.

When this expires, we don’t usually help with the repair cost unless a BMW Insured Warranty is purchased. But if a BMW Centre is sure that the problem is down to a manufacturing fault, they may make a case for us to help. Whether we do offer a contribution, and how much, depends on a number of factors such as:

. The fault

. The car’s age and mileage

. Service history

. Ownership history

The best thing to do is to have your car looked at by your local BMW Centre. I can’t guarantee we’ll help with the repair costs. But I can promise we’ll look into this fully and fairly for you.

If there’s anything else I can help you with in the meantime, please let me know.