Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

No Magazine from CD player

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Just tried to play one of my 6CDs in the changer from my head unit. Got a message for ages saying "checking CD". Eventually I got bored and had the bright idea to try ejecting the CD magazine with the button. But it would not eject. Now when I try to play one of my discs I get a message "no magazine" but the magazine and discs are in there.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:51 pm

A gentle tap on-the- unit
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

LordOxygen

Post by LordOxygen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Press the eject button while tapping the cartridge and it should come out.

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:41 pm

It can take a while but will eventually eject
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 pm

...then replace with an MP3 device.

Magicarcher

Post by Magicarcher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks for all your help, after a lot of perseverance and many times thinking it wasn't going to work I got there.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the chances of it happening again. NB don't want to replace CD with USB module as I will change the Headunit when I get more cash, so it would be a waste of time.
Z4 3.0L 2005. Titan Silver. Audio Upgrade Second Stereo Pioneer X8700DAB, Sony Xplode 4 x 70W Amp, 6.5" Reckhorn Subs in rear cubby, Focal AS165-3 in fronts.

Yorkie Z

Post by Yorkie Z » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Magicarcher wrote:Thanks for all your help, after a lot of perseverance and many times thinking it wasn't going to work I got there.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the chances of it happening again. NB don't want to replace CD with USB module as I will change the Headunit when I get more cash, so it would be a waste of time.
Nope, chances are it won't happen again for ages and now you know how to fix it.
A Dirty M///