Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Relocate roof motor

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
r4row

Relocate roof motor

Post by r4row » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi folks, wanted to get the motor out in the sun today but could not get the roof down. Motor seems to be running and disengaging from the front but no movement back. Just get red flashing light. Have now found that after disengaging the front I can easily pull back the roof but would like to get it working on the motor. Any know of someone who does the motor relocation into the boot in or near the Staffordshire location and who could give my room motor some TLC.
Cheers
[img]file:///C:/Users/andyj/OneDrive/Pictures/Z.png[img]

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Relocate roof motor

Post by markplant » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:35 pm

There's ducklakeview near Liverpool, I think Marius. Is near Birmingham
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Relocate roof motor

Post by markplant » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:48 pm

3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Relocate roof motor

Post by Ducklakeview » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:24 pm

r4row wrote:Hi folks, wanted to get the motor out in the sun today but could not get the roof down. Motor seems to be running and disengaging from the front but no movement back. Just get red flashing light. Have now found that after disengaging the front I can easily pull back the roof but would like to get it working on the motor. Any know of someone who does the motor relocation into the boot in or near the Staffordshire location and who could give my room motor some TLC.
Cheers
I'm in WA9 and can relocate it. Also happy to have a go at bringing it back to life, got a 100% success rate at coaxing seized or rusted motors back to life..

Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you my number.

Mike