Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag light reset

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
toolmanchris

Airbag light reset

Post by toolmanchris » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Hope someone can help.
Replaced the front seats in my E85 with some nice black leather ones but made the schoolboy error of not disconnecting the battery first hence my airbag light is on.
I have one of the small C110 scanners but unfortunately it doesn't seem to do the airbag on my model :roll:
Can anyone recommend an alternative scanner or know of anyone local to Doncaster that could reset it in exchange for a few beer tokens :wink:

Cheers

Chris
Reliant Scimitar GTE in Bold yellow (under restoration) http://www.toolmanweb.com

toolmanchris

Airbag light reset

Post by toolmanchris » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:00 am

Well decided to buy the USB interface lead and software off Ebay and I will have a go at doing this myself. Costs less than the local indipendant wanted to charge me and I might have a go at coding some options in at the same time :roll:
Reliant Scimitar GTE in Bold yellow (under restoration) http://www.toolmanweb.com

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Airbag light reset

Post by enzed4 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:43 am

toolmanchris wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:00 am Well decided to buy the USB interface lead and software off Ebay and I will have a go at doing this myself. Costs less than the local indipendant wanted to charge me and I might have a go at coding some options in at the same time :roll:
Good luck with this Chris. Are you aware only certain cables work - not just anything off ebay?
Also, turning off the airbag light may prove trickier than most; there are plenty of threads on here about not being able to deactivate it. It would be helpful if you do have success to update us with what software you used.
Cheers.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

toolmanchris

Airbag light reset

Post by toolmanchris » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:45 am

Yes I've been reading what I can find on various forums and hopefully I have the correct lead - time will tell I suppose :wink:
Thought it was worth the 20 odd quid. If nothing else I should be able to enable a few features on the car that I don't have at the moment :thumbsup:

toolmanchris

Airbag light reset

Post by toolmanchris » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Well spent a few nights messing about with the software, re installing Windows XP and its hundreds of updates and service packs and I cant figure out how to reset the light.
Took it to my local indie and they did it in 2 mins for £20.

Should have just done that in the first place :roll:

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Airbag light reset

Post by jimbo1958 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm

toolmanchris wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:14 pm Hope someone can help.
Replaced the front seats in my E85 with some nice black leather ones but made the schoolboy error of not disconnecting the battery first hence my airbag light is on.
I have one of the small C110 scanners but unfortunately it doesn't seem to do the airbag on my model :roll:
Can anyone recommend an alternative scanner or know of anyone local to Doncaster that could reset it in exchange for a few beer tokens :wink:

Cheers

Chris
The C110 does clear Airbag codes as this is what I specifically bought the C110 for when I had my E85. Cleared the error a couple of times. :scratchhead:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

toolmanchris

Airbag light reset

Post by toolmanchris » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Well I couldn't even get it to recognise the airbag module on my E85 :wink:
On speaking to the guy that reset it for me apparently there are a few different software versions on the car. Some will reset with a simple reader and some wont :roll:

Lance

Airbag light reset

Post by Lance » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:39 pm

toolmanchris wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:01 pm Well I couldn't even get it to recognise the airbag module on my E85 :wink:
On speaking to the guy that reset it for me apparently there are a few different software versions on the car. Some will reset with a simple reader and some wont :roll:
My C110 wouldn't recognise or clear my air bag light.