Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Amp Problem Please help

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Z4_Mike

Amp Problem Please help

Post by Z4_Mike » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Hello Z4 owners

I have a 2004 Z4 and about six months ago my stock stereo speakers started to crackle, I was also experiencing battery drain.
I disconnected my amp after discovering water in the boot part where the amp is.
I sent the amp off for repair and it was a write off.
The amp code was 65106929689
I checked on RealOEM for replacement parts and spoke to BMW who confirmed I would use part number 65129143127 which I found on US ebay.
Today after a 2 week wait my amp arrived and I connected it.
I have sound BUT its only coming from the front right hand door which is distorted and the rear right.
I used the balance to the left and no sound and also balance to the feder goes silent when one way too.
The amp is interchangeable according to BMW.

So I need help what is next? I have been without sound for months and cannot work out if its the car / stereo or amp.
Its an E85

Thanks all

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Amp Problem Please help

Post by mac27040 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:02 pm

well your part numbers are correct but guess the US amp might be faulty, have you checked the wiring and the radio? have a look at this as it might help on the wiring side
http://www.bmw-planet.net/diagrams/rele ... /index.htm

Components - N_Amplifiers, controllers, control units - N9 Radio
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

bz4kev

Amp Problem Please help

Post by bz4kev » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Z4_Mike wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:54 pm Hello Z4 owners

I have a 2004 Z4 and about six months ago my stock stereo speakers started to crackle, I was also experiencing battery drain.
I disconnected my amp after discovering water in the boot part where the amp is.
I checked on RealOEM for replacement parts and spoke to BMW who confirmed I would use part number 65129143127 which I found on US ebay.
I have sound BUT its only coming from the front right hand door which is distorted and the rear right.
I used the balance to the left and no sound and also balance to the feder goes silent when one way too.

So I need help what is next? I have been without sound for months and cannot work out if its the car / stereo or amp.
Its an E85

Thanks all
hi were did you send your amp off to be repaired do you have address and telephone number thanks :)
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

bz4kev

Amp Problem Please help

Post by bz4kev » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:22 pm

bz4kev wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 pm
Z4_Mike wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:54 pm Hello Z4 owners

Its an E85

Thanks all
hi were did you send your amp off to be repaired do you have address and telephone number thanks :)
also what were they charging for repair if it was repaired and cost for looking at it :)
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills