Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Can anyone help answer my embarrassing question on Brake Calliper Mounting brackets?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Silverfox

Can anyone help answer my embarrassing question on Brake Calliper Mounting brackets?

Post by Silverfox » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi,

I have changed my discs n pads this weekend and whilst I had the calliper mounts off I decided to give them a lick of paint. Anyway to my embarrassment when I came to put them back on the car I couldn't remember which side was for which :roll: Are these brackets side specific or not I thought to myself. I wasn't sure, so as they looked the same I just tried one to see how it looked and I struggled to line the calliper up enough to get the pins in so I switched them round and tried again. No problem this time fitting the pin but I found that once they were tight it appeared like the pin wasn't fully home as it was just a couple of mm inside the rubber cup (not sure if this is normal) and there was a 1 mm gap between the calliper mounting bracket and the calliper. Could this possibly be down to the new paint or have I messed up and got the brackets on the wrong side? :cry:
2.0i SE, black leather, 108's, Alu stubby, Stainless Steel tail pipe

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:03 pm

The brackets arent handed, but the calipers are. You want the hose entry at the top when fitted.

Mike

Silverfox

Post by Silverfox » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:03 pm The brackets arent handed, but the calipers are. You want the hose entry at the top when fitted.

Mike
Cheers Mike, I was hoping that that was the case. Fortunately I left the callipers connected :thumbsup:

I now feel confident enough to fit the wheels on in the morning and take her for a test run :driving:

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Andy
2.0i SE, black leather, 108's, Alu stubby, Stainless Steel tail pipe