Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof won't close all the way - not the usual suspect

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
PboroRyan

Post by PboroRyan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi all,
Annoyingly my roof won't close all the way as you can see in the pictures. I know it's not the roof motor, as it is shiny and new and located in the boot and not under the ocean, it's got plenty of hydraulic fluid in it and works as good as new closing 90% of the way, but it gets to this point and just stops, its like the roof motor just runs out of puff. It's still operating and trying to close the roof but it can't budge it. It goes back up from this point perfectly also.

What should I be looking for, a jam, a split in the hydraulic lines, a leak? It was working fine the other day and has just started doing this, this week. Great time for it to break, just before summer! :headbang:

PboroRyan

Post by PboroRyan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Problem solved - turns out part of the plastic trim that seperates the back of the seats and the boot compartment had come un-attached and was preventing the rear window from going all the way down. D'oh! :rofl: