Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fuel consumption display is fixed

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Deadpool

Post by Deadpool » Mon May 29, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi All,

Had my Zed for almost a year. The MPG displayed is stuck on 32.8 despite varying how hard I drive the car. The was not an issue in the first few months of ownership.

The estimated miles remaining is functioning as expected.

Has anyone else faced this issue before?
2.2i Titan Silver | Red E46 Interior| B06 Set | CF Wrapped Interior | Suede Steering Wheel Re-trim | Stubby | Switch Back AE | CF Grills |18" Wolfrace Eurosport Turismo

2.5i Maldives Blue | Z4M Front Bumper

3... :poke:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Mon May 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Have you ever reset to zero?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon May 29, 2017 9:59 pm

I'd be happy with that OP - it may just mean yours is averaging 32.8 mpg! :thumbsup:

Mine had a new battery in December so all averages got reset, and for the last few months the MPG average has been sat on 32.8. :lol:

The only way to check is probably to drive it like Miss Daisy for a few months, or drive it like you stole it!

The longer it is since a reset the longer it takes for the average to change, but you could always reset it to get a personal average.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Matt64

Post by Matt64 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Errr.... I'm absolutely sure you know this but just in case; try pressing & holding in the button thing at the end of the stalk for a few seconds, that'll reset it.
BTW, if I leave mine for a while it will always a avg at 32mpg too.
2004 Merlot 3.0i SE. Pretty sure I'd rather drive it than polish it.
1993 Mk1 Mx5 S-LTD Home brew turbo conversion. :fuelfire:

Deadpool

Post by Deadpool » Wed May 31, 2017 11:20 pm

What a muppet I can't believe I forgot! I was certain I used to be able to reset the mpg! I've been resetting the miles driven past few months thinking that the mpg would reset in line. Going for a drive in a bit so ill see if holding the button on the stalk works again.

Cheers all!
2.2i Titan Silver | Red E46 Interior| B06 Set | CF Wrapped Interior | Suede Steering Wheel Re-trim | Stubby | Switch Back AE | CF Grills |18" Wolfrace Eurosport Turismo

2.5i Maldives Blue | Z4M Front Bumper

3... :poke: