Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

P1170 error code & associated rubbish

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Echo66

Post by Echo66 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:05 pm

My 05 plate 2.0 is being a pain in the proverbial. Had it a month & its spent a fair bit of time back at the dealer. Its now on its last chance before I reject it & refund. After a couple of earlier ECL warnings with 2C6D & 2C46 codes its been with the dealer twice to sort this, (superb service it has to be said), the 2C error codes were cleared after installing a new air flow sensor & the vanos being given a refurb (no issues there just had a spring clean).
ECL came back on last Thurs PM after me having it back for only 6 days. Last Thurs error code is showing a P1170 which i'm convinced is related to the 2C warnings previous to this with the code ref to fuel pressure. It does seem to me to be running rich as smell plus the fuel consumption seems heavy for a 2.0 & I'm not giving it :driving: - only 30 mile round trip m/way cruise commute.

Has anyone encountered the same issue?

I'm loath to let the car go as its a minter outside of this issue. Runs as smooth as silk & feels as tight as a nuns chuffer all things considered ref age etc. Its low miler on 50k. But, i suspect this issue came to light, previous owner reset the ECL for the part-ex & pulled the wool over the dealers eyes.

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:30 am

Having search online someone off this forum had the same code which pointed to a broken exhaust manifold which is common for the 2.0i.

If it is them i suggest back to dealer or try and get it welded up as there are hard to get.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

Echo66

Post by Echo66 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'll reset my Google Fu as that didn't pop on the searches I tried. Good suggestion though.