Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Screen Washer adjustment?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
sharpyboy

Post by sharpyboy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi guys is it possible to adjust to he height of the spray on the windscreen on a z4. After cleaning the washer tank and pump filter the jets appear to be a little low on the screen, ok for speeds over 60mph as the forward speed forces the fluid up on the screen but at 30mph they are a bit low. Looking at the jets there doesn't appear to be the little holes that you put a pin in to move the jets. Anyone had to do this at all?

Cheers :thumbsup:
2006 Z4 2.5i gap-tech rch+ roof mod + zhp + roof motor now in boot + DLV Exhaust mod

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:51 am

Mine are a bit low on both my BMWs - I just drive faster when I need to use them! :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Rich8

Post by Rich8 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:16 pm

You sure you got all the gunk out?
I thought the same after I had cleaned mine - cleaning made it a little better, but could do with higher, so asked Indy how to redirect the jets when it next went in.
He had a look and found more gunk in there that I had missed (I do admit I did a very half arsed job), after he cleaned it all out they're more powerful still and get the whole windscreen perfect.

groovy_hippy

Post by groovy_hippy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Poke a single strand of copper wire into the nozzle to clean it (copper is softer than the nozzle so it won't damage it). You can sometimes use a pin (carefully!) to redirect the nozzle....
Current ... 2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport | Manual | Alpine White | Black leather | Piano black dash
Intro to Zeds, now sold... 2007 Z4 2.5i SE Roadster | Manual | Stratus Grey | Red Leather | CDV delete | DLV backbox